Music Suggestions - Tour to Germany

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Band_Beefcake, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

I am looking for any advice on music selections for a tour this year.
    My band are planning to go to Germany this summer and I am looking at planning the concerts we will perform whilst there. I am wondering if anyone out there has suggestions for music that might be particularly popular with German audiences at all?

Any advice would be well received.

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Dam Busters, 633 squadron, The Eagle has landed, Escape to victory. Any of those should go down a treat, theres nowt gerry enjoys more than the theme music to a good old war film !

3. Ianroberts

4. Ianroberts

5. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Aces high..
  6. Ianroberts

And of course if you can track down the theme music to the 66 world cup, Fritz would be putty in your hands.

7. fartycat

fartycat Member

Did a tour last summer with a 3rd section band, our repertoire was;

Abba Goes Brass arr Alan Fernie
    Trombone Solo Over The Rainbow arr Alan Fernie
    Love Divine arr Alan Fernie
    Manhatten Skyline arr Alan Catherall
    When Thunder Calls – Paul Lovatt-Cooper
    Flugel Solo Misty arr D Barry
    Amazing Grace arr William Himes
    Sir Duke arr Goff Richards
    You’ve Been W’rned – Paul Lovatt-Cooper
    Eb Bass Solo Bare Necessity arr Leigh Baker
    Skyfall arr P Sparke
    Famous British Marches

The audience liked the two PLC pieces, loved Skyfall and Abba. But interestingly the two pieces I got most feedback over were Amazing Grace and Love Divine.

Hope that helps
  8. Get in contact with Dan Price. He went to Germany last a Summer with Blackley and put a great programme together.
  9. bbg

bbg Member

Perthshire Brass have been regular visitors to Bavaria over the years, and generally a good mix of general concert music does the trick, especially if most jobs are outdoors so nothing "special" comes to mind - although as mentioned above, "Amazing Grace" always goes down a treat (but then when performed by band and solo bagpiper, at nearly midnight one summer evening in a castle courtyard it was a real "hairs on back of neck" moment!)