Music Software.

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by shezza, Sep 11, 2011.

1. shezza

shezza New Member

Hi all, I am looking for software to print some music out.
    BUT, all I want to do is play a single note on a keyboard (pref via the computer keyboard,on screen) and for that note to appear as a single dot on the correct ledger lines. No crotchets or Quavers just dots.
    Does any software exist.
  2. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

I think most music software will allow you to take the stems off notes, I use Finale and there is a facility to do what you are asking in the global set up menu.
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Ditto for sibelius. I don't know about musescore. If it can, it has the advantage of being free.
  4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Music Publisher v.8 (Braeburn Software) allows you to type in the note (type 'C' for C, for example), which by default will be a crotchet. And then, by typing 'O', the stem is removed. So, two key strokes required for each 'single dot'.
  5. its_jon

its_jon Member

In MuseScore

Right Click 'anything' and select 'set invisible'

= gone.

I also use this for lead/pickup bars ...or pause bars
  6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Capella will definitely let you do theis Gregorian Chant kind of music. you can specify stems or no stems; and different note heads too.
  7. nataliemeyer

nataliemeyer New Member

I too have found capella very useful.
  8. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

It seems to have quiet a small user base though. Thats three of us then!
  9. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

First I have heard of Capella, for those using it, how does it compare in relation to Finale and Sibelius in general terms?
  10. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Capella is significantly cheaper, and if what you want is a tool that you can write music in it does the job. But where it is lacking is in its playback. You only get the soundcard instruments (whilst I believe full Sibelius has sampled sound examples?).

No complaints though. it produces good looking scores and sheets, ant I suppose the proof of the pudding is I am on my 3rd Version.

I created my own empty scores for SA Instrumentation (Gen/Fes, Triumph, UNity, and Tune book).

You can get it inthe UK from a company called software partners; but it is developed in Germany
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012