Music Shops

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ffion Flugel, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

I don't know if this question's already done the rounds, but I wondered which music shop gets peoples' votes? I've not found one near me yet - but I love the Music Cellar in Preston.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    music shop
    peoples
    one
    Music Shops
    question
  3. gawber

gawber Active Member

PJS Music Services
    57 High Street
    Dodworth
    Barnsley
    South Yorks
    S75 3RG

www.pjsmusicservices.co.uk

Very friendly staff, go out of their way to help. If they don't have it they'll order it for you.

4. jamieow

jamieow Member

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Do you mean sheet music shops or equipment shops?

I'd agree with Gawber about PJS - I've been dealing with Phil Shaw for more years than I'd care to mention :eek:

For ther hi-tech stuff, I tend to shop online....

For sheet music my haunts of choice used to be Forsythe's on Deansgate in Manchester and Banks' in York.

6. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Another vote for the Music Cellar here, very knowledgeable brass players!

7. jamieow

jamieow Member

I buy some guitar stuff from www.electromusic.co.uk in Doncaster.
    Good deals - Got my Ampeg SVT 3 bass head delivered with gator flight case for c900 quid. Other dealers were trying to tap me for 1100 just for the amp, no case.
    Another one for smaller things is online with www.music123.com - an American company but I got a decent discount a few yrs ago on A tech 21 Sans Amp bass DI/Driver - 200 plus here, got it for 130 plus 30 for import duty.
    www.gak.co.uk is pretty good too, though depends what you're after as I'm just thinking of my non brass stuff.

8. Kermit

Kermit New Member

Big shout for Band Supplies, Leeds!
    Always good service! Quality goods!!!

9. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Band Supplies has my vote. I used to work 5 mins from there and order all the band music. It was nice to pop in from time to time and say hello to Morgan!!!

10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

If it is sheet music you are after, then Aldbrickham Music gets my vote! :tongue: :biggrin:

11. Veri

Veri Member

Rosehill are great - they did an amazing job on a second-hand bari that I picked up - is like new!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    music shop
    peoples
    one
    Music Shops
    question
  13. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Another vote for Rosehills (especially as they're my "local") Paul Austin and his team have provided an excellent service for me over the last year of so - not just in terms of instruments but for handling music queries, accessories, pretty much everything I throw at them.

Jonny Webster and Glyn Williams at Fred Rhodes were fantastic when I bought my courtois cornet from them a few years ago and they now have a new base in Saddleworth. The after service and care provided by Keith Preston was also outstanding.

I bought a lot of my study books from Band Supplies in Leeds and the service again was top class.

Just need to pay a visit to The Music Cellar in Preston now especially as it's almost on the door step to where my girlfriend's folks live. Have only heard good things about them so I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile visit.