Music required for Pontins Concerts

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Roger Thorne, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks

As you are probably aware the tMP Band has now had official confirmation that we will be performing a short concert at this year's Pontin's Contest as part of the Saturday evenings entertainment. (see details below)

I have also been informed today by Frank Hodges that we will be allowed to perform for about 15 minutes before the results of the Championship Section on the Sunday.

As the tMP team are committed to promoting new music for bands we have agreed to use these concerts (and future concerts) as a platform for Composers and Arrangers to submit music to tMP with a view to it being selected and played in a concert environment.

The idea is aimed to be two-fold. Not only does it give tMP the opportunity to expand its music library, but more importantly offers a platform for you to have your music performed in public as a free ‘advertisement’. We have already had two fantastic arrangements donated to us by Tim Paton which will be performed at Pontins, so not only will we be playing ‘new’ material, there is the possibility of potential ‘sales’ as a result.

If you are interested in donating a piece(s) we would appreciate it being no longer than 5 minutes duration and playable by a 1st/2nd Section band with very limited rehearsal!
    I must stress that if you submit an ‘arrangement’ would you please enclose all copyright acknowledgements and permissions from the copyright holder. Also, as the tMP band can sometimes have 40-50 players within the ranks, we would appreciate you co-operation in that you allow tMP to photocopy any additional parts at their discretion.

If you would like to contribute a composition or arrangement to with a view to hearing it played at one our forthcoming events please forward TWO (2) full sets of parts and a full score to the following postal address:

'Pontins Music'
    18 Sundorne Crescent
    SY1 4JE

As we never like leaving people out of anything we do, we also offer a facility for those of you who don’t compose or arrange music. As the tMP band has performed several times in the past we do have a small music library with many of the standard 'popular' band arrangements. However, as we are a non-profit making forum we obviously cannot afford the expense of buying new music to keep up with the current changing repertoire.
    If you would like to purchase a piece of music and donate it to the tMP band, please contact me and I will let you know if that piece already exists in our library.

Thanking you for your assistance in this matter.

The Team

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  2. Di

Di Active Member

How about taking your litte French number Roger! ;)

Its an excellent little item and will go down a treat. :D
  3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I've a new piece which makes use of Welsh traditional tunes - I'll put a copy in the post to you Roger.

4. Roger Thorne

Thanks David, that should go down very well in Prestatyn! Looking forward to receiving the music.

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi Roger you can have one of mine. I'll get it in the post Monday.
  6. Roger Thorne

Cheers Mike, really appreciated. I look forward to receiving the music.

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Not taking the wife then?? ;)
  8. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Hi Roger,

You can have a piece from MMI Music as well. You have a catalogue so just PM me with your choice!
  9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can I thank everyone who is offering tMP a piece of their music. This is a fabulous gesture and is very much appreciated. Thanks...:tup
  10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

do you want any solo music?

i have a full set or music to Midnight Euphonium, if you want it?

band parts are okay and could be sightread easily, just a nasty key change half way through.

let me know!

P - plus for euph soloist (if you choose to have a euph solo) it's Grade 8 music, but you can have the music anyways if you eant it for future perfromacnes!
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Played this for my grade 8 exam in July, if your looking for anyone to play it...?
    Don't have to, just saw it and thought i'd offer...
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  12. solo_euph

solo_euph Member

midnight euphonium

one of my fav solos nice jazz cad. and good melody got a copy from ricky when he first played it at Buxton a few years ago would love to play it with TMP band if your looking for a soloist
  13. Roger Thorne

Thanks Nigel, I'll have a look and PM you.

Again thanks Aimee. As John has stated tMP are really grateful for all your kind offers, and we would be more than happy to receive Midnight Euphonium. (see original post for address)

Just to confirm that I've received pieces from Will and Mike this morning. Thanks guys.

14. Member

Hi Roger, Wonder if you would be interested in 19 Army Musicians which are coming to pontins this year to play in the tmp band we are desperate to play something and it looks like you may be our last hope
    we are all advanced players and there is a range of instreumentation from trombones to basses
    please can you make a few young soldiers happy and let me know

or ring 07778632057
    barry ogden