Music request (legal!)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GJG, Jun 13, 2006.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Dear everyone,

We have lost our copy of the 1st Baritone part to a piece called "Tabarinage" (comp. Robert Docker, arr. Edrich Seibert, publ. Schauer & May 1961).

I have tracked down the library administration to Boosey and Hawkes; they say that unfortunately not only is the piece out of print, but they are not in possession of any 'master' copies from which to offer me a custom reprint.

They have said however, that if I can find someone with an original copy, they will happily give me permission to make one photocopy.

Can anyone help?

2. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

So far as I know, B&H handed all of their band 'archives' over to Studio Music to administer. It may be worth trying them, but they may also mean that even Studio don't have a copy
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Now that's an interesting situation. Permission is one thing but would the copy have to be endorsed by B&H (i.e., officially stamped to prove it is official)??? :confused:
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

No, already tried Studio.
  5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Not so far as the person I spoke to in the copyright dept. at B&H was concerned.
  6. Di

Di Active Member

We received written permission from Studio Music to transpose a solo written for a Bb instrument so it could be played on horn with piano. This written permission is kept with the music. I appreciate in the case of band parts, this may be more difficult, it would be easier to send it, along with the permission to the publisher for their official stamp. ;)

Edit : Sorry, I was a bit slow there. ;)
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

8. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion, however the gentleman I spoke to at B&H was quite clear in saying that they would give me permission - verbal or written (most likely in the form of an e-mail which I could print out and keep in the library) if I could find a copy.

So, the key question remains, does anyone have the piece in their library, and can I borrow it, please?