Music relating to nursing etc

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Adamshorn, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Adamshorn

Adamshorn New Member

Ok so bit of a weird request but as part of our remembrance concert next month we'd like to get in a bit about an amazing nurse from the area who won best reservist at the Millie's last year for her work at Camp Bastion. We have all the info we need for the script but would love a piece of music to go after which we can somehow related to it. Doesn't have to be reflective type music. Any ideas?

2. Manxgirl

Manxgirl New Member

I am a Nurse - Gene Cotton
    Look for it on You Tube - you may be able to work something from it!

3. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The patron saint of nurses is St. Agatha, but off the top of my head I can't recall a hymn tune of that name, unfortunately.

The closest I can get is A (Florence) Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square. Sorry.

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Goff Richards did a lovely little piece written for a childrens hospice down in cornwall, my previous band bought it and we played it 2 or 3 years ago. The proceeds go to the hospice. I cannot remember the name of the piece though!! Special place ???

I can't remember what it was called!!! :confused:

5. SteveT

SteveT Member

Army Nurse!

The chances are she is a member of the Queen Alexandra Royal Army Nursing Corps, (QARANC.s). This being the case her corps march might be most appropriate, see this link. From memory I think it is called Grey and Scarlet.

http://www.qaranc.co.uk/qamarch.php

The librarian at Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall, should be able to help with dots.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Almost - A Special Place.

7. pbirch

pbirch Member

Dean Goffins piece "Wonderful Healer" it is, however, really reflective

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Two solos come to mind ... Alan Fernie's sop solo "Tender Loving Care" or "Someone Cares" written by John Larsson and arranged by Ray Steadman-Allen.

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Someone To Watch Over Me?

10. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Great idea, but double-check the Corps march. If she was in Bastion as a reservist then she was more likely TA AMS not QARANC.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ok
    Millie
    Camp Bastion
    bit
    year
  12. pbirch

pbirch Member

any chance we could form a whole band of nurses?

13. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

To satisfy some fetish perchance...? ;)

14. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Anything with "Angels" in the title should do the trick. I fear the Robbie Williams classic will have been arranged.

Or how about "Freedom" by Hubert (Bed) Bath?

15. Adamshorn

Adamshorn New Member

You are all brilliant!

I'll definitely get something out of this lot.

As for a band of nurses we have 2nd woman down, rep, 2nd cornet and solo horn all nurses plus 2nd horn is a trainee nurse and 2nd tromb is a doctor so we are certainly working on it! (plus all the nurses are all 17-31!)

Thanks again

16. pbirch

pbirch Member

no, I am a operating theatre nurse and wondered how many other brass playing nurses there are out there

17. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Why dont you do Elton John's tribute to the greatest nurse of them all.....Mother Teresa of Cacutta....Sandals In The Bin?

(ill get my coat!!!)

18. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

One more here pbirch - ITU and Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery, although I fear I have turned to the dark side and fly a management desk now !!

19. debsjg

debsjg New Member

Hi

I'm an Anaesthetic sister :)

20. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Sir,
    Way back in 1985 Trevor Attwood (A member of the Royal Marines Band Service) wrote a march entitled Q.A.R.N.N.S. for the Queen Alexanders Royal Naval Nursing Service, a certain Keith Stanley James Lever arranged it for Brass band and was published by Cinque Port Music.

21. Euphanasia

Euphanasia Member

Well, I'm a Night Nurse Practitioner, and one of our front row players is a ward sister.....

And lets not forget DMBabe who also plies the noble profession as well as the flugel

So that's another three.....

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ok
    Millie
    Camp Bastion
    bit
    year