Music Online

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HBB, Jan 19, 2004.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

I've ordered music from on Jan 1st and It still hasn't arrived. Should I be worried. I've heard that they're not the greatest, but they had everything. Should I e-mail them, or wait?

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I ordered from them last week I think... nothing yet.... gonna give them to the end of the week and then email them to ask when the order will be due...
    Give them to the end of the week

3. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Being a publisher I can realise why you might not get an imediate delivery! However I think customer relations and fast responses should be looked by all publishers. This is one area I hope to resolve.

Most GOOD publishers use print shops, like we do at Devilish Publishing, so sometimes we have to work with the print shops schedule.
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ya, but isn't a Publisher, it's only a distributor.....
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Aye! :D

:guiness :guiness
  6. James McFadyen

True, and all I can say to you on that subject is GOOD LUCK. I have had tremodous trouble with some of my distributors and I can only recommend at the momment, all the others take about 5 million years to update their site, and emails - I don't think they read them!! ;)

What happened to Just Music's new thing of updating their site once a month, oh that lasted a long time!

7. Naomi McFadyen

I know what you mean about JustBrass... I think they are terrible for communication and updates on personal details- but at least when they do get round to it if you send them a zillion emails they will apologise :)

:guiness :guiness
  8. James McFadyen

Clair Tomalin, the magic behind JustBrass does a marvellous job. She is such a nice gal, very down to earth, and I've only communicated with her via email!
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

quite a number of people have had problems with in the past... so i've never considered using it really.
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

The only reason I used it was cos it was my Dad's credit card, and it was all in the same place.. so It was easier!
  11. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Why do you presume ALL publishers have this problem?
    Any good publisher will have the music in stock as not to disappoint its customers.

12. HBB

HBB Active Member

We All Know Roger that you stand out from the crowd .... :D
  13. James McFadyen

Unfortuately, I don't have the luxury u have roger! wish I did! stocking all of my titles would put great financial strain on my business in the short-term, maybe in the next few years, you never know!
  14. TubaStuff

TubaStuff New Member

Welcome to the club! I submitted my order on December 18. Nothing at all as of today.

I've done my best to be a nuisance--sending emails to every possible address (webmaster, sales, the web designer, the merchant services provider) that I coiuld find.

Nothing. One of the email addresses returns a "No such user" bounce reply. :x

I've determined that it's time to move on. I've sent an enquiry to, to see if they have the titles in stock. No response yet, but then it's still early.

15. davidsait

davidsait Member

If you're desperate, don't know if you've tried the contact that was given for their domain name registration:

Registrant Info:
    Grimethorpe Colliery RJB Band
    Kevin Paul Holdgate
    132 Smalley Drive Oakwood
    Derby, DE212SQ
    Phone: 00 44 1302 830184
  16. TubaStuff

TubaStuff New Member

Indeed, that was one of my first attempts. Mail to this address is returned with a "mailbox unknown" error.

17. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

Just to put things straight, althought the registrant say Griimethorpe Colliery RJB Band, Grimethorpe Band has absolutely nothing to do with

18. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I too have been a victim of After months of writing unanswered emails, letters and phone calls chasing my order I eventually wrote off the £12 cost of the CD that I ordered as a bad experience. I know other people on tMP have also been stung. I would strongly recommend that no body uses this company. If I remember correctly Grimethorpe band once had a link to this company on their web page and eventually took it off because of all the trouble it brought them.
  19. I'm currently rooting around for sheet music places .discovered just brass which is great , but I was wondering about grimethorpe. Only yesterday I tried it but it seems to have disappeared. I actually know the person who was responsible , not quite sure how it worked but I'm not suprised the way the business has gone.

Anyway seems like there has been many problems with the company and now the website has gone...strange...

Anyone who hasn't looked , check out just brass ,shamed I missed the actual open contest as I think they were exhibting there.
  20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

They were there, and there were a couple of bargains to be had in their cd tray as everything was at a single price, including double cds - my son was quite miffed that he'd already bought the Europeans' highlights fom WoB before he saw it :eek: