Music For Youth National Festival

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by gateway, Apr 28, 2006.

1. gateway

gateway New Member

2. el maestro

el maestro Member

woooooooooo go Rochdale!

Brass band, wind band, both big bands, both choirs, orchestra and two percussion ensembles!! :D:D

3. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wheeeyyy!! John Cleveland College Orchestra and Flute Choir!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::clap::clap::clap:

Bit gutted the Jazz Band didn't get in though, they're amazin!!! ahh well!! Never mind! :(

I'm sure the orch and flute choir will go and make JCC proud! I can't wait!! Yaaaaaaay! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4. wow!! oldham music centre are through!! yay!! how do we know when they are??

5. Di

Di Active Member

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'll be popping along and playing with Youth Brass again, best of luck to all! Still a while away, but congrats on qualifying! ;)

7. el maestro

el maestro Member

Aren't you too old? I thought the age limit was 18? :confused:

8. gateway

gateway New Member

check the catagories on mfy website!
    Brass Band section:- School - 18yrs and under
    Music Centre - 19yrs and under
    Open - 21yrs and under

9. el maestro

el maestro Member

Ah right thankyou!!

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Believe me i'm a very rule abiding person!!! I don't like cheats, and I wouldn't dream of doing so myself! If i was too old for the limit, then I wouldn't play ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Music For Youth National Festival
    List
    bands
    National Festival @ Birmingham
    url
  12. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Id like to say well done to all of the 14 Greater Gwent Based ensembles that got through to birmingham this year. Looks like im going to be there for a looooonnnggg time.

13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Woooo - Well done to Turnfurlong Junior School Jazz Band, good luck to all!

(I did my teaching placement there - yey!)

14. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

It was today!

and....

John Cleveland College Orchestra WON!!!

YAAY!!! :bounce:woo

15. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Triple welsh and gwent victory yesterday with Caerleon School Brass Band winning the schools section, Newport Music Centre Brass Band winning the music centre section and best of all Greater Gwent Brass Band proving once more that we are the best youth band around by winning the open section! Fantastic performances from these three groups. Well done all!

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

...and Garry hardly mentioned it at rehearsal last night....;) :p

Seriously, well done to Garry and all at JCC :D

17. masefield

masefield Member

2006 - Music for Youth National Festival

On behalf of everyone associated with Abraham Darby School and in particular the Senior Brass Band we would like to offer our sincere congratulations to Caerleon Comprehensive School Brass Band, Newport, Gwent who were awarded the Outstanding Performance Award and Sponne School Brass Band, Towcester, Northamptonshire the Highly Commended Award in the School National Brass Band Festival at this year's Music for Youth National Festival held at the Symphony Hall Birmingham last Thursday.