Music for Youth - National Festival - Brass Participants

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by masefield, Apr 26, 2005.

1. masefield

masefield Member

Thought that evrybody would wish to see full details of the brass participants for the Music for Youth National Festival. Good luck to everybody who are taking part.

4 National Brass Band Festival

4A School

Abraham Darby Brass Band

Caerleon Comprehensive School Brass Band

Lady Manners Brass Band

Northampton School for Boys Brass Band

Smithills School Senior Brass Band

Sponne Brass Band

The Blue Coat School Brass Band

Treorchy Comprehensive School Brass Band

Wardle High School Brass Band

4B Music Centre

Chichester Youth Brass Band

Junior Guildhall Brass Band

Newport Music Centre Brass Band

Rochdale Borough Youth Band

Tees Valley Youth Brass Band

Tewit Youth Band

Wigan Youth Brass Band

Youth Brass 2000

4C Open

Brass Tacks

Greater Gwent Youth Brass Band

Mount Charles Youth Band

Northamptonshire County Youth Brass Band

Shropshire Youth Brass Band

Southampton Youth Brass Band

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Interesting... it seems like YB2K have changed sections... I'm sure when I played for them they were always in the open section because they're not directly affiliated to any "higher power". Do you know the criteria for a "Music Centre" band by any chance?

3. masefield

masefield Member

Music for Youth - National Festival

Further to your post please find below the definition of a music centre off the MFY site. Hope it helps.

4B - music centre
    Regional Festival Time Limit 8 mins
    National Festival Time Limit 12 mins
    Age Limits 19 years and under
    Notes For bands comprising players attending a single music centre or local independent youth bands. Allowance will be made for groups not achieving standard instrumentation.

4. Go wigan youth :bounce:bounce knew we could do it , now i can gloat to the skool music teacher who was convinced we wouldnt get through !!!!

5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I won't be there with a brass band, but I will be there with Carrick Wind Orchestra on the Friday!! Looking forward to it!

Good luck to everyone taking part! :biggrin:

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

fair enough, suppose that makes sense...

7. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

I'd like to say well done to my school wind band (Glossopdale Community College) who've made it through to the final of their respective section for the first time. What an opportunity for all the brass and wind bands to play in Symphony Hall! Can't wait!

Does anyone have a list of finalists for this section (5A I think).

8. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Wooooooo! The Lady Manners School Orchestra, Brass band and String Quartet are through!!

So i'll be there Wednesday and Thursday (when we're supposed to be leaving on tour! ooops). Yey! Congrats to everyone that's through!

9. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Well done to Shropshire Youth - my old band - who are back again to compete for the open prizes! I've been to festival hall three times with them and had a cracking time, I'm sure they can grab a prize this time (They last did it in '73!). :)

10. masefield

masefield Member

Please find a link showing all paticipants - as I am a non-techie - would suggest you copy and paste on your internet browser.

http://www.mfy.org.uk/events/national_list.html

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Music for Youth - National Festival - Brass
    Lady Manners Brass Band Northampton School for Boys Brass Band Smithills School
    Mount Charles Youth Band Northamptonshire County Youth Brass Band Shropshire Youth Brass Band Southampton Youth Brass Band
    Music for Youth National Festival
    Abraham Darby Brass Band Caerleon Comprehensive School
  12. jonford

jonford Member

Congratulations Wigan! Knew you could do it. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! :D

13. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I'll be there with carrck too! again! its going to be great- if anyone's around come listen to us play0- you'lkl recognise me and liz cos we'll have lush tans, from the holiday we will have just got back off! :)