Music for Ensemble

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Flugelfrank, May 31, 2007.

1. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Hello does anyone know if the following pieces are written for Brass ensemble (4 trumpets,3 trombones, euphonium,Bb bass, Horn Eb/F,flugel)

Trumpet blues and Cantabile
    Nightflight to Madrid
    The Last Spring
    Girl with the Flaxen hair
    Liberty Fanfare
    Amparito Roca

Thnx Frank
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  2. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Nightflight to Madrid was published for brass band ten piece - 4 cornets, horn in Eb, tenor trom, bass trom, euph, Eb tuba and percussion by Sarnia Music many years ago. Whether it is still available I don't know. Any help?
  3. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Thnx Jim
    There`s a lot music for ensemble, and the most is classical (handel etc), but I`m searching for originally brassband music.
  4. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Mr Jums

Hello, does anyone know of Mr Jums is written for ten piece Brassensemble?
    4 trp,flug,hornF,3 trb,Euph,Bb bass.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

There is a 10-piece arrangement of this - I don't know the instrumentation though.
  6. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The 10 piece is the original, the Brass band version is the arrangement.

It's standard orchestral 10 piece originally (if I'm not mistaken)

4 tpts (1st doubles on Eb/Picc and 3rd or 4th (Can't remember which) doubles on Flugel), French Horn, 3 tenor and 1 Bass trom plus Tuba (Bass clef but probably includes Eb/Bb parts)

Also, it's a tone Higher than the band arrangement
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Threads merged as they are on the same topic. ;)
  8. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

No, you are not mistaken. Originally written for PJBE.

The set includes alternative parts for horn in E flat and treble clef tuba and tenor troms. It is part of the Just Brass series published by Chester Music, called Three Brass Cats (because it also includes Borage and Black Sam). Still available as far as I know - try the Just Music website.
  9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Thought they might include alternative parts, I've played it squillions of times but always with the proper orchestral set up :tongue:

ROBTHEDOG Member

As said before most done for Philip Jones Brass ensemble, in 4tpt, 4 trom, horn & Tuba.

Look at June Emerson Wind Music