Music For Battle Creek

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Anglo Music Press, May 31, 2007.

1. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

As has now been announced, I’m delighted to confirm that my new piece

commissioned by the Brass Band of Battle Creek from the USA, has been selected for this year’s National Championships at the Royal Albert Hall.

Until the day of the contest, it will only be available to competing bands, who can order it from my distributors, De Haske UK (details below).

Study scores will be on sale before the contest, so watch this space!

UK agents for Anglo Music are:-

De Haske (UK) Ltd.
    Fleming Road
    NN17 4SN

Tel: 01536 260981
    Fax: 01536 401075

2. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Congratulations on the commission and the selection for the Finals - I'm already looking forward to hearing the new piece!

3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Can the Dutch bands that are supposed to be playing it in December order it as well?
  4. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Congratulations Philip, on both commision and selection, good to hear your music getting the recognition it deserves! Can't wait to hear your latest offerening and the challenges it throws up! Can you give any indications as to what we can expect?
  5. If it's anything like music of the spheres's it sounds like it should be a cracker.
    Hopefully it will sort out the proper GB champs from the also rans.
  6. Anglo Music Press

Yes, but from De Haske in Holland. Competing Dutch bands are asked not to perform it in public before October 20th - date of the British Finals.
  7. Anglo Music Press

Well, there is no 'programme' as with Spheres. It is in 3 joined movements (fast/slow/fast) and quite American in feel.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

erm, like 'The Year Of The Dragon'? (as Battle Creek have performed that and 'Harmony Music' in concert) :confused:
  9. Anglo Music Press

I suppose there are some superficial similarities, but not more than that. They are about the same length!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- One question ... are you a fan of Aaron Copland? :)
  11. Anglo Music Press

12. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I've just realised I'll be playing this.

What are the percussion requirements for this Philip?
  13. Anglo Music Press

Don't have a list in front of me as I'm away at the moment, but the parts are busy even though intrumental requirements are quite modest. Nothing unusual needed!
  14. yoshi77

yoshi77 Member

Good God - just seen the solo cornet part. It's very difficult and extremely busy.
  15. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Member

We ran it last night. What a piece! I've done an hour's practice already today <gulp>!!!!!!!!!!

16. Texus

Texus Member

Now its time to panic then! Can't wait!
  17. Played it last night, should be a good test.
    Nice parts for horns, nothing unfathomable. a good blow with some twiddly bits :D
  18. Suz

Suz Member

An hour already Chris!?? :clap: putting me to shame!

I agree, great piece, I am sorry I won't be able to play it in London though:frown:

19. Texus

Texus Member

Well you will go off and have babies!!
    Good luck
  20. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Member

Me me me me me me me!!!!!

I think the people who live within earshot of my classroom like it too. They kept asking me to play bits another two times. Or something...