Music courses?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Seedhouse, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hi guys, I've got a gap year next academic year before I head off to Music College, and I was wondering whether anyone knew of any music courses throughout the year that could occupy me, instead of just working all the time! :D ;)
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I think there was a course at a college in Nottingham , I am sure there was a guy from Nottingham City Transport Band involved , and I think it was brass band based.
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Clarendon College (Nottingham) do a variety of short courses, performing arts stuff. Don't think there is a Band specific one. Might be worth looking at theory courses Grade 8 upwards, and doing some external diplomas to build on repertoire. This could be done in conjunction with lesson you might already be having.

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

what about Barnsley Conservatoire? :rolleyes:
  5. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Have a look at what the Open University have to offer... I recommend them.. You can study in your own time, there is also a summer school for the A214 course.
    I've completed two of their courses A214 and AA302 ..

I now have a DipMus(Open) :)
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

The University of Akron has a 3-5 day course (can't remember) in July (I think)...It's taught by Dr. Keith Wilkinson (formerly conductor of GUS).

So if you want to come Stateside and see Ohio.