Multi Area Conductors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ekimmort, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Has any Conductor won a Regional Contest in every region, if not who has come closest.
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Melvin White must have come as close as anyone
  3. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Dont think Melvin has won in yorkshire , wales , north , scotland , north west...
    I think Major Peter Parkes would be up at the top , with a win in every area apart from Wales...
  4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

All i can think of is Major Peter Parkes.
    Nick Childs takes about 3 bands at the areas Bodmin/Mount Charles,Black Dyke and CWS Glasgow
  5. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

So that will be 4 bands then
  6. andywooler

Who did he win with in L&SC?
  7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Did he not win with Alliance a couple of years ago...still I am sure there was a Qualifying spot in the London area..I could be a bit off here but I am sure I read that he has 29 area wins ( or qualifying spots) , I dont think the Mjr has taken a band to the Welsh Area..still a very impressive record
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Didn't he win one of the lower sections a couple of years back?
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Last year, Melvin White conducted Albourne in the 1st Section in the West of England and Redridge in the Championship Section in London & SC and got 1st with both!

Didn't do too bad in the finals either, 4th with Aldbourne and 7th with Redbridge!
  10. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Strike that!
    I've done my research. It was Major McElligott who won with Staines in section 1 (twice ) - knew it was a major.
    Major P was 2nd on Prague with Alliance.
  11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

just testing you on that:biggrin:
  12. andywooler

Not according to the L&SC website - Alliance have on the 1st section on one occassionconducted by B Ellin

Melvin has won 3 Championship sections in L&SC, West of England, & Wales (based on 4br archives)

Frank Renton has 4 - Midlands, Scotland, West of England, Yorkshire

Peter Parkes has 5 - Midlands, North, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire