Msn :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Vickitorious, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

A few days ago MSN completely crashed on me, So I re-installed it. But when it opens and I try to type in my address it sort of crashes on me, and then when i press sign in eventually, it says the service is unavailable :icon_question: I've tried re-installing it 3 times now but it's not working! :icon_sad:

It's not my e-mail or anything because I can sign into windows messenger, it's keeping me going.. but it's not as excitin as the real thing :icon_razz::icon_cry:

HELP ME PLEASE! :icon_sad::icon_cry:

Vicki xxxx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Msn
    icon
    crashes
    address
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

someone help the dear little soul! We can't have fun on remote assistance or do photo share :( its pants! :'(

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I may be talking rubbish here (it wouldn't be the first time!) but were you logged into the PC as an administrator when you reinstalled the MSN software? I think if you are using Windows XP or 2000 that you may need to be...

5. Vickitorious

Hmmm i'll try.. i dont have an administrator account :icon_confused::icon_question: Pretty sure I dont..

I'll let you know! :icon_razz: Back in a bit

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've just had a look on the MSN website- you definitely need to have admin privileges to install the software...hopefully that will fix it!

7. Vickitorious

Nope.. I installed it from my dads side of the computer.. and it put it on mine as well.. but it still doesn't work. I think I've got too much junk on my side of the computer.. Because it works on dads side:icon_confused: hmm.. I'm moving over to dads side until he can fix it for me! :icon_razz:

Thanx anyways :icon_smile:

Vicki xx

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hmmmm, strange. Weird that it works for your Dad and not for you - I don't think the amount of junk you have should make any difference....

You may have already done this, but try logging in as your Dad, and then go to the control panel, and edit your user so that you are an administrator, rather than a local user. You may need to reboot the PC, then log in as yourself and try to reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then I am definitely wrong and don't know what I'm talking about!

Anyway, I'm signing off now for a few days in the country with my parents. Good luck getting this sorted out, and have a good Christmas (even if you don't have MSN!!)

DaveR

9. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

Is exchanging msn address on here frowned upon my mod's? Laurz xxx p.s my msn used 2 do tht when i first downloaded 7.0 so i downloaded 6.9 and then updated and it worked :D

10. Vickitorious

yaaaay daddies sorted it!:icon_cheesygrin: He's done loads of stuff to my computer deleted and added stuff.. i don't know what.. but it doesn't matter!! EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: :icon_rolleyes:

Was jus lying in bed and looked at my computer.. and what has dad changed my screen saver to? lol...

"I LURVE my daddy!" LOL thanks Dad :icon_rolleyes:

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not at all - as long as it's done via the MSN Messenger field in your Profile!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Msn
    icon
    crashes
    address
  13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hooray!! Well done Daddy :tup

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Its been a bit flaky for me over this Christmas period. The other day it tried to auto-log in and failed and was re-trying for about an hour. In the end I shut it down, immediately re-started and it logged me straight in :icon_confused: . Did the same again last night, but this morning it seems fine. It must be getting loads of traffic at this time of year though so I'd imagine that is causing the flaky logging in.

15. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I'm having problems with msn, its workign fine but theirs no interesting people online, or indeed anyone online to talk too! Come on people, sort it out, I'm bored!

16. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Vicki - I had this problem with my computer too.....I had to reinstall it to get it to work. Must have been a bug or something....oh well. Thought you'd be too busy with horn playing to bother about MSN!! Simon

17. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

talking of msn problems...

have been having repeated problems with talking to certain people ;)
    whenever i open it - they speak and it goes too low - as in i cant read it (its strange - ud need to have had it to understand it properly :()

18. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

i've got an msn problem too!!!

i'm trying to create a photo album on my msn space but it says i have to get internet explorer 6 but can i get it , can i heck!!!!

please can someone help me, i'll let see my photo's if you can

xxxxx

19. Di

Di Active Member

Forget IE6, use Firefox. Much better. :icon_biggrin:

20. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

thats great, but how do i get that????

21. Di

Di Active Member