MSN problem

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DaveR, Aug 15, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I can't get into MSN this evening :( It is telling me that my default gateway is not connected. I'm using (or trying to use) MSN 7.5 which has previously worked OK. I can't log into hotmail either.

I suspect a firewall setting has somehow changed on my PC, but unfortunately I can't get the Norton programme to open :confused: (before people start telling me how awful Norton is and how I should be using programme X or programme Y, Norton has kept me virus free for over 10 years, and today is the first problem I've ever had!)

So I guess I first have to ask - how do I force Norton to open when it doesn't want to? Double clicking the icon brings an egg timer for a few seconds which then disappears..... I've tried rebooting to no good effect.

Secondly, has anyone else had this problem?

HANNAH Member

I had this problem a lot a few weeks ago. I found persistence works. I couldnt get messenger to start and then couldn't log into hotmail, just kept getting a blank screen, and the same message you had (among others) for messenger. I checked all my firewalls and everything, and just kept trying and trying. I had to restart my computer a few times, then left everything msn alone for a few days and it just logged in fine. Its very weird how it does that sometimes! This probably hasn't been any help at all in regard to problem solving but just letting you know you're not the only one to have the problem!
  3. persins

persins Member

At the risk of being exceedingly helpful, my msn 7.5 is working fine!
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

My Windows Live's fine too! Strange! :D
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks guys! I'm going to try again when I get home! I've just tried on my work laptop and it works OK - but as I suspect, it is a problem with my own laptop. Hopefully my experience will be the same as Hannah's and it will clear itself up of it's own accord :tup
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Nope, still doesn't work :(