Msn Messenger????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Heather, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Heather

Heather Member

Anybody else having problems getting on MSN Messenger today? ...or is it just me.

2. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Ive been signed in since 8.45 and ive had no problems except for not enough people online to talk too!

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'm signed in OK too :)

4. Heather

Heather Member

..must just be me then and i still can't get on. Also, i can't remember my password!!

5. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Mines been playing up for days, not letting me sign in. Im in now but i had to uninstall and reinstall the software first. had no end of probs since i upgraded to messenger 7.5. Tut!!!!!!!!

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

If you've downloaded Messenger 7.5 - according to the WEBSITE it will only work with Windows XP and you must have Expolorer 6 Service Pack 1 or later (although this doesn't have to be your default browser). Go in to the 'System Requirements' on the website and see if you fit the bill. If you don't then that might be your problem.

If you have got XP and 7.5 and having problems I'm sorry I can't help. And I must say I have had no problems with 7.5 at all.

7. Di

Di Active Member

What are the new features? Is it worth downloading?

8. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Ive downloaded it and so far ive seen none!

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

These are stated as the "features" on the website

Whether they are worth downloading or not entirely depends on whether you would use them. Personally I don't use any of these yet. But as I get used to Messenger more and more I might very well start.
    Video
    Hear the laughter and see the smiles with Video Conversation** from MSN Messenger! Full-screen video lets you see each other while audio/video synchronization gives you a True Conversation experience.
    Voice***
    Quality audio lets you hear each other while you chat. Speak your mind instead of just typing and let your voice be heard! Talk in real-time and have True Conversations. Plus, send a Voice Clip through MSN Messenger.*
    Expressions
    Share your emotion when the mood hits you! Get the conversation started with new animated winks or shake things up with a nudge! Add a little more personality to your expressions with dynamic backgrounds and display pictures.
    Sharing
    They want what you've got, so don't keep it to yourself! Share special moments, everyday humor, photos, and files. And with shared searches, you'll always be on the same page. MSN Messenger makes it easy.
    Mobile
    You can send SMS direct from MSN Messenger to your friends' and family's mobile devices even if they're not MSN Messenger users. If you're offline, replies to your mobile messages will be stored for when you next log on. MSN Messenger helps you connect with people on the go.

* The Voice Clips feature is FREE with MSN Messenger 7.5. The sending party needs a microphone and the receiving party needs speakers.
    ** Video Conversation is FREE with MSN Messenger 7.5 and later. Both parties need a Web camera, microphone, and speakers.
    *** Audio is free with MSN Messenger 7.5. Both parties need a microphone and speakers.

NOTE: Some features may not be available in all markets.