MSN Block checker!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jonford, Aug 19, 2005.

1. jonford

jonford Member

Do not download from this site:

I did because I was curious! I then uninstalled it, because everytime I double click on someones name in msn messenger it brings up an advert for the site which looks like ive sent the message.

Does anyone know how you get rid of this? I uninstalled the checker program and re-installed msn messenger but the advert still appears.
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Download a program called c-cleaner. May or may not help! It's a brilliant adware/spyware cleaner, just search on google for it. Hope this is useful for you!
  3. jonford

jonford Member

Thank's for that. Not tried it yet because I think I've solved it. If anyone else was as stupid as me to download it this is what I did:

1.go into safe mode: (restart and press F8)
    2. search for "block checker" and delete all the files relating to the program
    3. Restart

So far no messages. Please note I will not be responsible if your computer doesn't work after you've tried this, but it worked for me!
  4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

It probably also made changes to your registry too. So although you may have physically stopped it from running by removing the program you might now see errors during startup which are more an inconvenience than dangerous.
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

For matters re spyware, spam, viruses etc I always use another forum site:

Have been around for many years and are an excellent resource for free online technical support.
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Try looking at the site's help page at then scroll down to "How can I disable the Block Checker tell a friend program?" and download the tool to stop the mass mailing. Hope that helps!
  7. jonford

jonford Member

Thanks for all your help guys, I think ive stopped the message anyway though and there are no problems when I restart. I also completely forgot about windows system restore which may of helped!