MSN Beta and Norton Internet Security Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Apr 22, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I've downloaded MSN Beta and intsalled it, but I can't sign in :( I think this is because I have Norton Internet Security, How do I sort this out?? I still want good Internet Security but I want to use MSN Beta :tongue: anybody got any bright ideas??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Norton Internet Security
    MSN Beta
    Norton Internet Security Problems
    good Internet Security
    tongue
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... check your settings for NAV in options/instant messenger

4. meandmycornet

erm this gonna sound really stupid....... whats NAV??

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

NAV = Norton Anti Virus (you will find the shortcut on your desktop. Configure the proggy by clicking twice on the icon to open it!)

6. meandmycornet

right i've found that, what exactly am I checking for though?? it only has windows messenger listed not MSN :confused:

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

8. meandmycornet

That'll probably be the problem then, I've got Norton Anti Virus 2004 :tongue: is there some sort of update I can get that will let me use MSN beta??

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... just update it from the 2004 version of the proggy itself. Have you rebooted your PC since you installed Messenger?

10. meandmycornet

i've just done the live updates, which rebooted the computer once it had finished

11. meandmycornet

right okay, i'm on msn now! woohoo! at last but now i have another problem, everytime i say anything to anyone it say "the following message could not be delivered to all recipients" what do i do now?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Norton Internet Security
    MSN Beta
    Norton Internet Security Problems
    good Internet Security
    tongue
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

get a webcam, a pen and a piece of paper

14. meandmycornet

lol :tongue: i've give up on msn 7 now gone back to good old 6. whatever it is

15. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I know nothing about MSN 7 but I've discovered more about Norton Security Center in recent weeks. I've just bought a new computer (Windows XP) and was unable to get Sibelius 2.11 to run properly on it. After umpteen useless emails to and fro with Sibelius and Dell I eventually called in a local expert who spent 2 hours on the problem. After he went deep into the inner workings of my computer (all beyond me) he totally isolated Norton and after reinstalling Sibelius and rebooting, everything worked properly once more (including Norton Security Center).

16. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Took me ages to get on MSN 7 but it works great now... I am told that Basically my firewall was blocking anything being sent or retrieved...What I did was mess about in NAV until I found a screen that allowed me to select programs that can automatically connect with the internet... By allowing the MSN, but not switching off your auto-protect, you should then be able to use MSN 7, but NAV will still protect you from any nasties!!

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and terminoligy, we didnt have pc's when I was at my school, our teachers had 386's to work on, but that was it...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  17. Di

Di Active Member

We've got NAV and somehow, although I'm afraid being a bit of a computer moron I know not how! we can run MSN 7 Plus! Beta and it all works fine. Occassionally we have sessions where it bounces stuff back "message cannot be received by all recipients" or whatever it says, but a quick reboot usually sorts that.

18. meandmycornet

I am quite happy with 6.2 for the time being, even if I can't nudge and wink at people :tongue: I will get my brother to sort it out, although actually he'll probably say no and squash me :tongue:

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Go Fiona's brother!! :) :) :p

20. meandmycornet

I'd watch out Bunny, he might squash you too, or in fact he'd probably let my dog chase you round the garden, he likes a nice spot of rabbit :tongue: