Mp3 to Car adaptors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hi guys, i'm trying to find an mp3 to car stereo adaptor that isn't a tape version. Haven't a clue where to look, but if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated!!! :icon_rolleyes:
    Cheers! :icon_wink:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi
    icon_wink
    icon
    Mp3
    Car adaptors
  3. paddo

paddo Member

Hi Fella,

is it an ipod? if so try dension they do a kit that is hardwired and replaces ytour autochnager. you can control it from the controls on your steering and so on.

Mark

4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I've got a Creative Zen Touch 20Gb, so was looking for something a bit more "mp3 universal" rather than iPOD stuff really, unless it would work???

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

You are not wrecking my (and my parent's) car (as I don't thinkt hat either of us are that technically DIY minded - it said about an hour - so I'm guessing about a day!!) !! So ideally one that doesn't involve me taking off panels!

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- try this ...
    http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=217&product=11427 (or try eBay for low cost FM transmitters)
    [how it's set up ...
    - Works with virtually any portable audio device with a headphone or line-out jack
    - Broadcasts your tunes from your favorite portable audio device to any FM receiver
    - Just plug into the headphone jack of your music device, tune your car or home stereo to one of four FM frequencies, and listen
    - High fidelity, full stereo sound ...]

- if you have a cassette player in your car, try a Cassette Car Adapter for less than £10 from Argos
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5342488.htm

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Have you seen the reviews for the 1st item Tom? :eek:

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- just read some on Amazon.com ... not that great considering Creative's site recommends the unit. There are others that will do the job well but I posted both options to demonstrate that in car accessories are available to do the job! :icon_eek:

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Is there an FM transmitter for the creative Zen? May get a bit of atmospherics as I dont know how good the transmitters are but that is the easiest way.

If not you can hardwire it into the existing speaker stereo system by splicing in a couple of 3.5mm stereo jacks and using your earphone port to stereo plugs. Dont know if the stereo would need to be on to use the speakers though as there is a power suply in the mp3 player which should transmit on its own?!?!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Are they better than iTrip's etc?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi
    icon_wink
    icon
    Mp3
    Car adaptors
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- iTrip's FM transmitting frequency seems to be custom-tuned for the i-Pod, so I suppose the answer is NO! (.. but unfortunately since I am still of the ancient cult of MD users I haven't done the research necessary to answer your question!).

14. HBB

HBB Active Member

:lol: It's £9.99, is it worth chancing it?

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- the Argos cassette adapter?

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

No, don't have a cassette player (I think this is all cos me and Alex are going to the RNCM?), the USB drive thing?

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

No! I need it so the music will come out of the Car's speakers, but is compatible for both an Ipod Video and Creative Zen! lol

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

Trust you to pick the most expensive one eh?

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- tips for buying from eBay ... checks total costs incl. P&P (and possible import costs and V.A.T. from International sellers) and timescale for delivery. Also crosscheck against online shops in UK to make sure it is worthwhile buying the item. If all is good, check the seller's feedback to make sure that when you pay for the item you will actually receive it. :icon_wink:

22. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

In theory these FM transmitter thingys are actually illegal in this country unless you have a broadcasting license. They may be able to skip under the radar because they use lower power transmitters to limit range etc. If your car stereo has line in facility then you may be able to simply connect a cable between MP3 and car stereo. You might have to be careful with the impedance if connecting a speaker out to a line-in.

I went through all this a while back and eventually threw the toys out the pram and invested in an Alpine head unit with their iPod interface. It was £200 fitted from local halfords.