MP3 help??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by euphfanhan, Jan 17, 2006.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

After dropping my mp3 player several times, I finally broke the volume button and it is now stuck on max which is completely deafening. Being the genius that I am, I figured if I bought some headphones with a volume thing on that would solve the problem, but even when they are on minumum it's still too loud. I know how to change the quality of the tracks before transferring them to an mp3 player but is there any way of changing the volume, ie making it quieter?? Pleeease help, a deaf euph player is no use to anyone! (no snide comments please!)
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Importing the MP3s into WaveLab or SoundForge... using a programme like that you can adjust the levels... Cubase could be possible as well I'm sure....

No other "easy" way I'm afriad.... just learn a lesson ;-)
  3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I understand...:rolleyes: . I'll stick with the deafness for now :tongue: .
  4. ruthatron

ruthatron Member

you can alter levels of mp3s on itunes as well. simple mac equivalent of media player, comes with all ipods. sure you can get it off the apple site if you don't have it already.
  5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Yep - that'd be possible, but unless you've got the software in one incarnation or another it'd probably be more expensive than replacing the player :D

However, you could try Audacity which is a freeware multitrack audio editor - I have to admit I've never used it, but the blurb reckons you can edit MP3 files....probably not in batch format, though.

If you do have access to one of the audio editors like Wavelab or Soundforge you can edit lots of files at once....