mp3 File

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by MRSH, Dec 15, 2004.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I have an mp3 file that was sent to me as an attachment to an e-mail which I would like to share with tmpers. Can I do this and if so what do I have to do?

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    mp3 File
    attachment
    tmpers
    Cheers
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Easy... you need to upload it and store it on your webspace somewhere, and then simply include a link to it within a tMP thread.

Do you have a web account? You need to remember that when people download this file they will be consuming your allocated bandwidth.

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

No I don't.

I had a feeling that was the answer.

Oh well never mind. It was a great clip ;):D

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestion John but they wouldn't accept it. The type of file (.mp3) was unacceptable and it was too large (2MB) as they only accept files up to 1024kb. Worth a go though and certainly a site to remember.

Cheers.

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

You could always wait and see how many people you have got 'interested' now Matt, then wait for the pm's to arrive asking you to send it to them :shock:

Pm on the way .........

8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Most free web space providers (and may paid ones) will not accept mp3 files because they are afraid of being liable if the file is in violation of copyright. I know that my the web host that houses my site will not accept mp3, real audio, or other "music" formats at all, even if I can prove to them that I own the copyright to the content.

9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Of course, you can always try to change the extension of the filename from .mp3 to .gif, .jpg or whatever you want. Just change it back to .mp3 when you want to replay the file with mediaplayer...