MP3 downloads

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Griffin, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I've just got an MP3 player and wondered if anyone knows of any good web sites to download music from. Preferably free and brass band!
    [​IMG]
    Cheers.

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

oh highly ilegal, and im sure one of our mods will ba along soon to point out the tmp policy
    :-(

3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Is it??

[​IMG]

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

dint meen to scare ya dude! thinking about it, there are a couple of pay as you down load sites, but i would imagine there is very little if any brass stuff. its more main stream poop stuff, and im told its not very good anyway.

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hehe Craig!

It is tMP policy not to allow the promotion of illegal activity on the boards - however, we will allow this thread to remain open for the time being as the number of legal download sites is increasing every day - don't know of any brass-related ones though - so please bear this in mind when posting any links - this thread will be monitored closely! ;)

6. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I only emphesised the Free part because im a poor student!
    Just after some advice on what to use and where to go.

7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

I pay and use allofmp3.com, but there's no brass stuff on there really. Very cheap tho, and you can select the quality you want.

8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Actually just as an aside (and I'm sure some of the resident copywrite experts would clarify this) if someone wanted to build a site for downloading mp3s (pay-as-you-download, not free) for their own band (of their own recordings) who would the relevant payees be (as in composer?, arranger?, PRS?, Music Publisher?) or is it like a CD where once the recordings been made and the relevant authorities paid then the artist is the sole payee (if that is the correct term).