mp3 advice!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nethers, Jul 5, 2011.

1. nethers

nethers Active Member

Hi guys,

I've just took on the maintenance of my band's website. It's 8 years old, prone to script injection and looks a bit dated so I'm working on a replacement.

I'm going to add a page where people can buy some of the bands cds from down the years. Technically, it's not that hard to set up so people can buy the mp3s direct...

Is this ok legally? If we need to get permission, who should we approach?

I know there are some people here clued up enough to offer good advice!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    people
    years old
    script injection
    mp3 advice
    good advice
  3. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Have you tried to ask World of Brass what is needed (They are on Here?) Parts of their Catalogue are available only on Download.

(Carl Woodman of ISB fame is usually the Primary Contact).

4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Selling the CD's shouldn't be too big a problem. You buy the stock and sell them on. MP3's is a different matter and you would probably need the permission of the publishing rights holder.

5. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

It depends who owns the rights in the original CDs. If they are your own production, I can't see a problem, but you will need to get a licence from AMCOS so the music rights holders can get their cut.

If the CD was issued by a record company, you will, in addition to the above, need to get their agreement for further distribution of the separate tracks.

6. nethers

nethers Active Member

These cds were produced by people associated with the band who aren't going to put up obstacles, so if I understand right, I would need to chase permission of the publishers or go through AMCOS...

I will report back with how I go!