Mozzies the size of aeroplanes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ruthless, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Are the mozzies bad this year or what?

They must be huge - they leave 3 inch diameter lumps on my legs (through my jeans!)

I've not actually seen one yet - they zoom in eat me and zoom away unnoticed .....until I start scratching :mad:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    aeroplanes
    lumps
    diameter
    size
    Mozzies
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

You have my total sypathy. I seem to be a mosquito's idea of a gourmet meal. I come back from overseas holidays looking like a bad case of acne because all the mossies in the area zoomed in to feed. Zappers, repellents, creams - nothing keeps them off me.Yet I rarely get bitten in the UK. Weird!

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I was once told that if you get bitten lots you're less likely to get malaria. You build up some kind of immunity to it.

I take comfort from that since mozzies adore me. I must taste good. Jungle Fever repellant seems to drive them into some kind of feeding frenzy when mixed with my skin. Little blighters.
    BMB
    xx

5. andyp

andyp Active Member

It is odd how different people get bitten, or don't. Scotland is famous for it's midges (which can carry off small children and dogs, apparently), 3 of us went camping there a few years ago, in one (big) tent, I got hardly any bites, one mate got half a dozen, and his brother looked like he'd the worst case of acne ever. That despite him smoking in the tent porch, we had mosquito coils, and one of those electric things you put tablets in, nothing stops them. It got so bad at dusk we used to go and sit in the car for an hour, and the litttle blighters were battering against the windows trying to get in!
    Don't go to Loch Lomond, it is the midge capital of the world!

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I have a random bite on my wrist and its huuuge. Dunno what did it though.

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Our dog got stung today and she's in a terrible state maybe she suffered the same thing. :(

8. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Got back from spain a few weeks ago and there were soooooo many mosquito's in my room. Couldn't sleep for the buzzing. I don't think the owner of the house we stayed in is gonna be impressed with the walls. Lots of blood with wings :eek:

9. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Not seen any, would expect to as there is a fishing club outside the back of my house, but none, usually see loads...

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sligachan, on Isle of Skye. Only time in 15 years EvilDaddyBadger has ever begged me to smoke... I thought I saw some golden eagles but they turned out to be mozzies.
    BMB
    xx

11. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Don't I know it...they climb across my skinny husband (he sleeps next to the window) and come to chomp on my succulent flesh

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    aeroplanes
    lumps
    diameter
    size
    Mozzies
  13. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

You people need to come downunder and see some REAL mozzies! They chew through mozzie nets and drag you down the street so they can all get a go at you!

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

I got eaten a treat on tour in America which was strange cos I never normally get bitten and I cant imagine anything wanting my blood. I was expecting to see a mass grave on my bed after they all overdosed and died. Two of us got bitten in the middle of the forehead as well, it looked like I was growing a second head!!!!! Beware the super mozzie

15. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

I'll be there in just over four weeks time!! I'm in for a bad time then!! Are they worst in Sydney or Melbourne? We are flying into Sydney but considering travelling to Melbourne. Noting my track record with the blighters not sure I want to come down your end if they are jumbo jet sized!

16. Steve

Steve Active Member

I remember learning an Aussie wave very quickly whe I was there. I though everyone was trying to get my attention or being really polte but they were just fending off the flying critters. lol

17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I am a bitbewildered by some of the complaints as I have ben been harshly bitten y Mozzies since I was a lad and we had standing waterin my backyard?

I can't figure out of it's because a) I grew up an Mozzies don't like adults, 2) (to copy home alone) Mozzies are only in NE Ohio and not in the central part of the Stae wher I moved or 3) the alcohol content in my blood since I turned 18 and moved to Central Ohio is too great and they can't handle it!!