Moving to North East. Band wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by flugelman, Jun 18, 2011.

1. flugelman

flugelman Member

Hi

After 16 years in West Yorkshire I'm moving back to my native north east. I'm going to be living in the Middlesbrough area and want a band to join. I'm happy to travel reasonable distances for the right band.

Although I havent played at all for a year (due to time spent travelling to Boro everyday) I feel the time is nigh to get back into practice.

I generally play cornet or flugel and I'm of a fairly decent standard. I would say my favourite seat is Rep or flugel. I have mainly played in first and championship section bands and this is where I would like to remain ideally.

My house move is due to occur in September so I should be in a position to join a band around then.

If your band has a position free or you know that a position will be free in September drop me a PM. If you need any further info from me again drop me a PM.

Look forward to hearing from you and looking forward to coming home!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North East
    West Yorkshire
    Middlesbrough
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

This guy is a really excellent player on either cornet or flugel and will be a great asset to any band.
    He is also a smashing fella with a great sense of humour.
    A first class bandsman in every respect.
    The only downside is that he supports Liverpool, but nobodies perfect !!

- Mr Wilx

4. flugelman

flugelman Member

Awwwww. Gee thanks Wilky!!! You nearly brought a tear to my eye!!!

D

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Hi Flugelman,

Murton Colliey are always keen to welcome new players. Our bandroom is just off the A19 near to Dalton retail park. If you would be interested, please send me a pmand I'll give you further details

6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

It was only the truth David ~ I get very warm hearted after five cans of Carling !!!

- Mr Wilx

7. josie C

josie C New Member

Hi there!
    NSB (formerly based in North Skelton Band) are now based in Nunthorpe, Middlesbro
    I can give you more details about us if you are interested if you email me at chris.coupland1@ntlworld.com
    We also have a website and Facebook page

regards
    Josie C
    2nd trombone and sec

8. H Ripon City 3rd section finalist are looking for a rep/ front row cornet player. Mobile 07711616373, if interested.

9. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

You would be made more than welcome at Westoe, we practice in South Shields not far from the A19. Got a busy summer with various centenary events planned and also a trip to the 1st Section Finals in September.
    Drop me a PM if you're interested.... www.westoeband.co.uk

10. MUSH

MUSH New Member

Mal Usher here, representing Fishburn band (Championship). If you would like to discuss a position in the band then give me a call or email me. We have our own bandroom in Fishburn, 10 minutes from the A19 (689 junction) and a couple of players
    already travelling from M`bro. 07801684609. malcolmusher@mail2web.com.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

11. pags

pags New Member

Hi Flugal Man!

You would be very welcome to come along for a blow at the NASUWT Riverside Band. Own bandroom (and drinks cabinet!!!) and located just outside chester le street, of the A1

Very friendly and welcoming band and we may well have a contest vacancy for front row cornet from September onwards due to University.

If you are interested just give Tony Thompson a call (07786 027320) and he'll direct you in. We rehearse Thursdays and Sundays and have some cracking concerts coming up between now ad the end of the year

Cheers

Pags

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North East
    West Yorkshire
    Middlesbrough
  13. flugelman

flugelman Member

Cheers Pags. Will bear you guys in mind when I move in September

Flugelman