MOVING - Need a band!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rebolina, May 19, 2006.

1. Rebolina

Rebolina New Member

:) Due to wanting to continue in education I am moving to North London to Study Technical Theatre at an Academy in Wood Green. I have been playing for about 8 years now, playing tennor horn, Flugel Horn and Cornet. I would love to continue playing whilst in London for my 2 years of study. My main instrument is Flugel Horn and have been playing in a lower second section band for a couple of years on flugel hen moving on to Repiano in a different second section band. I will be living in Wood Green it's self but would be prepared to travel. Does anyone have any information down that way, or if any seats come up Septemeber Time just drop me a note, it would be most appreciated...

Thanks alot

2. Texus

Texus Member

Howdy - always looking for players and deps - drop me a line with your details etc..
    Andy Austin - Bass Trb Aveley + Newham
  3. Jasper

Jasper Member

East London Brass who I think are 2nd section are in Walthamstow - a short bus ride - probably the closest. Off the top of my head I would say probably Potters Bar (4th Sect) is next nearest to would be able to get a train there from Ally Pally or Bowes Park. Alternatively stay on the train another stop or two and you'd get to Welwyn Garden City (who are Champ section) as are Newham and Redbridge. St Albans quite close too.

Apologies in advance for my local knowledge - it's been a few years since I lived in North London and also to bands whose sections I have probably got wrong.

Good luck.

4. Jasper

Jasper Member

Additional apols for getting names wrong ....Aveley and Newham I mean of course !!!:wink:
  5. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

New faces are always made welcome at Crystal Palace (SE London), PM me if you fancy coming down.

Nearer Wood Green, you could do a lot worse than going to Becontree as they are a good bunch, lots of fun and great players too. I'm sure 'bbbrec' or 'laserbeam bass' would love to hear from you.

Good luck.
  6. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Yes please!

As Elspeth has said above, we're fairly near! About 20 mins by car!
    Drop me a PM or email if you're interested.

Becontree Brass Band
    L & S.C 1st Section
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

For East London Brass, you can get the 67 from Wood Green Underground Station to Stoke Newington Green, and then it's a three minute walk along Northwold Road to Northwold School. The entrance is in Geldeston Road, N16. I'm sure you could get a lift, though, as people from all around belong to East London.

(I'd recommend Fulham, of course, except that we're overladen with cornets and horns at the moment...)

Wherever you decide to play, enjoy your banding in London.
  8. Rebolina

Rebolina New Member

Thank You

Thank you everyone who has sent me information about the bands in North London, and to those who have sent me PM about coming for a 'Toot' It is most appreciated!! I now have my starting date which is the 4th of September. Looking forward to moving down and getting to know some of the bands in the area! Thanks for all the information and I will be PM!! Thanks once again for everyones help.

9. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Hi Rebolina, if you are moving nr Wood Green then we would be your closest band. We are a very freindly and sociable brass band based in Enfield. We enjoy full rehearsals, have a number of concerts throughout the year and play some good challenging music. The band has a great atmosphere and welcomes players of all standards. I'll PM you with my details so you can get in touch in September. Simon

10. alanbry

alanbry Member

You could try Watford Band - see website

They are a friendly bunch and have qualified for national Finals 4th Section.
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and Premiership football to boot ;)
  12. Garry Ambrose

Garry Ambrose New Member

St Albans Band are are looking Horn and Cornet players. If yu are interested please get in contact with me at or 07734 768391. Look forward to hearing from you and best wishes with your studies in Wood Green.

13. Garry Ambrose

Garry Ambrose New Member

Hi Rebecca

Now that you have moved to the "smoke", have you sorted yourself out with a band? We in St Albans still have opportunities for a Horn player. If you are interested please contact our bandmaster Lynne Bailey on 07841 562545 ( or Garry Ambrose on 07734 768391 (
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  14. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

She plays for Becontree now....
  15. Garry Ambrose

Garry Ambrose New Member

Glad that she is sorted.