Denis Wick mp's

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Marlon Bando, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Marlon Bando

Marlon Bando New Member

I know that M' have been a topic of conversation on here- but thought id ask this more specific question on an new thread.

I ordered a custom made tenor horn mp back in July, which is largely based upon a DW 2 mouthpiece (the only credible make of mouthpiece for tenor horn), with other bits and pieces from other brands.

Im still waiting for the mouthpiece to be dispatched; numerous emails have been sent and received. The hub of the problem suggests that its very difficult to get Denis Wick mouthpieces sent to the US by Besson, and thats why im still waiting!

Is this true? Is anyone else experiencing problems?
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

I don't know about the Wick mouthpiece, but the spelling of the non-existant Llanfair PG Band in your signature is incorrect ..... it should be

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch - without the space before 'gogogoch' - I don't seem to be able to remove that for some reason. Weird!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  3. Marlon Bando

Marlon Bando New Member

How VERY dare you, dyl! ;)

Non-existant.....???? Darn! :cool:

Blame google for that!

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Silly tMP formatting rules! :lol:
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- wouldn't it be easier sending out a mouthpiece to get modded by them?
  7. Marlon Bando

Marlon Bando New Member

Exactly!!! Ive suggested that many times, but its fallen upon deaf ears! :mad:
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- "We sell Denis Wick mouthpieces on a SPECIAL ORDER basis ONLY. They are non-cancelable and non-returnable. Allow at least 12-16 weeks for all Denis Wick mouthpieces." (not so good then?)

- I tried to find something on their website regarding custom-built m/ps but to no avail. I would have personally phoned Phil Parkers in London before Mouthpiece Express. Have they got a special deal going on there?
  9. yorkyboy

yorkyboy Member

I have used this website in the past and got quick efficient service at cheap rates. however i was not ordering custom mouthpieces.
  10. Marlon Bando

Marlon Bando New Member

Well, today at work i received one of those annoying post office cards telling me that i had to collect my parcel. I gam****ed off to the post office, where I was asked to pay a £14 customs charge (paying the Post Office £4 for the privilege of having to 'handle' this financial payment!!!!)
    On opening the package I found my nice new shiny custom made mouthpiece, having arrived just under 6 months after placing my order on mouthpieceEXPRESS(!!!!!!).com!!!
    Imagine my mirth, when I discovered that they had used the wrong size DW mouthpiece as the bulk... not the one that was quite clearly printed on the order, AND on the delivery note!
    Oh how I laughed, I tell you!!!!
    So, now the game starts all over again! Ironically the accompanying delivery note tells me that custom made mp's cannot be sent back, but if i wanted to re-order they would charge me an 8$ admin charge, and Id have to wait up to 16 weeks!
    and thats Express for you!!! :clap:
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would contact them advising them of their error and that the evidence is totally against what they described and shipped across the Pond. File a complaint and ask about their procedures to escalate it if they cannot resolve it!
  12. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Not wishing to sound unnecessarily condescending, or anything, but isn't the moral of the story that it's sometimes better to support your local music dealer, rather than go through all the hassle of buying from abroad, just because it appears to be cheaper. Much easier to resolve a problem like this if you can just pop in and see them ...; and at least if your dealer has to import something all the charges etc. are their problem, not yours.

People often overlook when buying from abroad that anything imported into this country is liable for import tax and VAT. Not everyone realises that it's liable for VAT, even if it's a "gift" or "sample". As I understand it, UK Customs actually inspect goods on a sampling basis, so it is possible to "get lucky" sometimes and escape charges, but the odds are against you generally.

13. horn1

horn1 Member

Why don't you try a JK mouthpiece? I've got a 1A (I think?) and it's great a definate alternative to the Denis Wick 2