Mouthpiece to fit a B & H Imperial EEb

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Hi All,

A friend in a neighbouring band is looking for a new mouthpiece to fit a B & H Imperial EEb, which takes the older style smaller fitting mouthpiece.

But he doesn’t want a Denick Wick or a Bach….which really limits the options...

Aside from getting a mouthpiece customised, are there any serious alternatives?

2. TubaBee

TubaBee New Member

3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

If your friend finds the mouthpiece they like then any instrument repairer will turn the shank down to fit.

alternatives to Bach .......schilke , marcinkiewicz

But why does he feel the need to change mouthpieces, as it's a major decision!!
  4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

I use a Mike Finn 4. Excellent on those Imperials. Come in small shank as well.
  5. on_castors

on_castors Member

Isn't there a danger some of the suggestions will cost about as much as the instrument is worth! ;-)
  6. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Not really as these EEflat are still comanding good could of course a a big reciever fitted
  7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

8. Despot

Despot Member

Thanks guys! I'll pass on your suggestions!

He currently plays a Denis Wick 3, but feels it's a bit battered and is due replacement. (A Denis Wick I suspect I got for him not so long ago...and it wasn't so bad when I gave it to him....)

Said he just wanted to try something else, rather than just replating the old one. Sounds a bit unesscessary to me, but I suppose what you do with your time and own money is your own business!

But it is good to know successful alternatives to VB and DW. I use a Schilke Tbone mouthpiece myself which I quike like!
  9. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Perantuuci, a mouthpiece will cost a EEb Bass player around £90!!! I want one but just bought a DW3L, so I dont suppose my mrs will be best pleased!!!