Mouthpiece Smiles The Most Of

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Now here this , now here this :

Now here is one for you all to have a say in::tup
    Who do you think makes the most use of the Smiles:) on here when posting a message.
    I am putting my name forward just look at my postings:biggrin: :biggrin: i have done, since i have been on here some real corkers:
    So its over to you while i go and have a :guiness or 2
    No doubt you will all have your own to put forward:eek: :eek: but i may as well start this off.;)

[​IMG]

2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I like using the odd one but too be honest too many makes the post hard to read and is too in your face so I normally skip it :confused:

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Too many over the top smilies just make me annoyed and mad!

4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

How about a poll to see who has the most unwanted spyware or adware on their PC?
    Last time I checked, there were at least 5 different trackers bundled with SmileyCentral.

I'm with HBB on this one. Too many smileys is just stupid. Using them to emphasize a point is one thing but filling a post with them is just sad.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I have to agree as well ... too many smilies tend to distract the reader!

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

:clap: :D :clap: :D :D:clap: :D :clap::D :clap: :D :tup :tup :tup

...erm, oops.

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

haven't used smilies since this quick reply thing came in... i'm severely unemotional

8. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

:tup

(Oops!)

9. possibly the making of THEE most annoying thread ever!!

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

the occasional smile or wink is fine but these dancing things do my nut in, as do posts that are just smiley things. I always find words to be the best way to say something.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Smiles
    URL
    biggrin
    eek
    real corkers
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

:biggrin:

13. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I remember once using... :guiness ... :biggrin: ... :) ... :-? ... :shock: ... :eek: ... :oops: ...to describe the path of a night out in one thread, but don't tend to use that many.

Those bouncing ones do my nut in!!!

14. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Which ones do you mean???

:terrier :bounce :terrier ...:terrier

15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Um, wasn't there a thread some while ago from John asking us to refrain from over-use of smilies, colours and excessive signatures...
    I use the odd one or two these days but I agree the bouncing ones do my head in.
    BMB
    xx

16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

All of them!

I could tolerate the stripey one if he were black and white. Where's my Toon-Army bouncy-smiley thing? Is it refusing to speak to the media like Graham "can't find his bottom with both hands" Souness? ;)

17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Posting and texting can lead to some serious misunderstanding and the use of the odd smiley can add emphasis to the true meaning - lots of people will make sarcastic comments or tongue-in cheel remarks which just get lost with out the little smiley. (Serious post - can't find a smiley for that though:rolleyes: )

18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

True, but the same still applies EVEN WHEN a suitable smiley is used!

19. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thanks for a great thread Ian! :rolleyes:

Following on from the replies we have had to this thread, both publicaly and privately, the tMP team also feel that the excessive use of Smiles, whether supplied by tMP or other sources does have a negative effect on the overall quality of certain posts. We will therefore be looking to amend our rules and guidelines on this issue in the very near future. In the meantime it might be worth getting used to posting your comments and remarks without the 'excessive' use of these annoying little creatures!

Roger
    (on behalf of the tMP Team)

;)

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

In light of comments made to us in this thread, and also privately, we have now amended our rules with respect to the excessive use of smilies. The announcement can be found here.

Please try to take into account these changes when you make any future posts.

Thanks

Ian
    on behalf of the tMP team.