Mouthpiece Repairs

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BoozyBTrom, Oct 23, 2003.

1. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

My mouthpiece recieved some damage over the RAH weekend and this has worried me a bit as its the 1st one i have found that is really comfortable.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good repair guy or lady in the north ( inc yorkshire ) who could get it back to its best.

Plus i also have a smaller mouthpiece ( about 1 or 2 sizes smaller ) of the same make. Does anyone know if it is possible to ream out this one to the same specs as the larger one. I appreciate it will not have the same weight behind it but it might make a half decent back up

Thanks in advance

2. Bones

Bones Member

Hi Gareth,

I'd try Alaric Knight

Alaric Knight Mouthpiece Services 14, Kensington Avenue, Thurlstone, Sheffield, S36 9RU - Tel: 01226 - 765858

He's renovated a few mouthpieces for me. He's probably a good start.

Cheers

Rich

3. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Cheer Richard

Will call him now

4. sober_phil

sober_phil Member

Now then Gareth, what mouthpiece you using now?

The problem I have with mouthpieces is that the plating comes off. I had my old one re-plated and when that came off again I thought sod it I'll buy a brand new one - and about 12months down the line thats on its way out too. Darned annoying when the things cost so much in the first place.

Grumble grumble.

5. Heather

Heather Member

If you don't get it sorted then PM me.
    I know a really good place (McQueens) in Swinton.
    You can post your mouthpiece to him and he'll post it back , normally within 2 days!!

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Yeh I agree Alaric is the best guy to go to.
    He does a lot of the pros mouthpieces so must be good.
    edited cause I can't spell :wink:

7. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

He was recommended to me by a euphonium playing friend of mine in the RAF Central Band. He can do gold plate if required.

8. W.Rimmer

W.Rimmer Member

9. W.Rimmer

W.Rimmer Member

10. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

has anyone come across Sparx motuhpiece and if so what do you think of them?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    repair guy
    inc yorkshire
    RAH
    1st one
    mouthpiece
  12. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

McQueens in manchester has repaired a tuba mouthpiece for me at a very reasonable rate.

That was after someone stood on the thing after it had dropped out of the instrument.

Even repaired it dodn't improve my playing.