mouthpiece puller needed

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ScaryFlugel, May 8, 2005.

1. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

I can't believe it, but my mouthpiece is well and truly welded to my tuning shank. it went in as normal before my concert on friday, and at half time wouldn't budge. I let it cool down and still it wouldn't budge.

Ice/hot water and WD40 later, it's definitely stuck. So does anyone have a mouthpiece puller I can borrow please? Rugby/Daventry/Towcester/Milton Keynes area.

the WD40 is especially tasty...

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I've got one but I am J 25 of M1:(
  3. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

i'm due a pilgrimage up north to see the wrinklies in a couple of weeks - if it's still stuck by then I'll give you a call!
  4. lillylemon

lillylemon New Member

I know you shouldn't probably do this but couldn't you take the tuning shank out and tap it gently where the mouthpiece goes in, onto a worktop or something and that usually gets the mouthpiece free
  5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I once managed to get my mouthpiece stuck in my cornet. It was well and truely wedged in (or so I, and the rest of my family, thought) for a couple of months, until our 10 year old horn player decided that she wanted to take it out (you know, just for fun...). It came out straight away! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:
  6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Hmmm that happened when I played cornet, it was stuck for months and it started to go green and furry inside. Was quite pretty actually :rolleyes: . I just whacked it until it came out. Probably not a good idea looking back...
  7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

You didn't take it to Roger Webster's repair service, did you Scary? Or are you pressing on too hard now that you've got your new set of teeth?

D x
  8. picju96

picju96 Member

My trumpet teacher shut my trumpet in a door by the mouthpiece then pulled very hard on the trumpet when the mouthpiece got stuck once. It worked, but I wouldn't have done it.