Mouthpiece issues

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lilRobB, Dec 31, 2008.

1. lilRobB

lilRobB New Member

hi all,

i play trumpet on a bach 7c and cornet on a besson 4b, and i find it much easier to play on the bach. because i swap between trumpet and cornet a lot , i struggle to play as well as i do on the bach than on the besson 4c.

is there a cornet mouthpiece that is similar to the bach? or any advice

i have tried to play trumpet on my cornet mouthpiece with an adapter.

cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    all
    bach 7c
    besson 4b
    bach.
    cornet
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Then why not try the obvious? A VB 7c cornet mouthpiece? :confused:

http://www.woodwindandbrass.co.uk/acatalog/cornet_mouthpiece_vincentbach.html

4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Like our noble knower of all things said you could buy a bach mouthpiece for cornet. However in my experience you end up sounding very trumpetty, likewise if u use a cornet mouthpiece in a trumpet you often get a darker sound..... not sure why you're finding changing between 2 comparitively similar mouthpieces so difficult..... I use a bach 1 and 1/4 c on trumpet and a wick 2 on flugel, a wick 4b on cornet and a wick 2 on tenor horn and the tenor horn is the only one that takes any adjustment. Maybe you should try a bigger trumpet mouthpiece to help. My old teacher at uni sang the praises of a 1 and 1/4c and i have to say i've stuck with it.Would be less different to your sensitive chops, cos obviously mine are made of leather... or wood?;)