Mouthpiece Extractor

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by zak, Jan 24, 2011.

1. zak

zak Member

Does anyone have a mouthpiece extractor for sale? If so, please pm me with details.

Many thanks
  2. Highams

Highams Member

3. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

What a rip off.......around half the price of a band new cornet......must cost oooohhhhhhh about a fiver to mass produce...........

Id stick to wacking them out with another mouthpeice Shaun!!!! Wait till China starts making them for 50p and giving them free with every instrument sold!!!!
  4. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

i think i made something like that at school!
    seriously - it doesnt look too techincal. how does it connect to the different mouthpiece sizes? i wouldnt mind having a pop at making one
  5. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

They are worth having. Wouldn't be without mine. Having said that I get a lot of use out of it at school when kids repeatedly drop their instruments!
  6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I think for anyone working with kids/beginners, junior bands, school bands etc., it's an absolutely essential piece of kit, and will pay for itself many times over.

If, on the other hand you've just got one stuck 'piece, probably better off taking it into your local repairer ...

[@Fatcontroler: it has two plates on the underside which adjust to different shank/receiver diameters ... ]
  7. Highams

Highams Member

Yes indeed, does everything from cornet to tuba.

8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've only ever needed one once in the last 15 years, but being a good customer, the local music shop did it for free when some idiot kicked my trumpet off of it's stand, wedging the mouthpiece in the process. I bet my grandad could make me one if I showed him how it worked (and it would be a lot better quality than anything else on the market!
  9. blue juice

blue juice Member

My music teacher used to jam it in a door and pull
  10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I knew somone who tried that and ended up with a cornet in three pieces and the mouthpiece still stuck fast!
  11. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

They are a fanatastic job! Worth the money if you work with kids. I've had mine for about 10 years and would be lost without it; if only someone would invent something similar for removing slides!