mouthpiece express

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cjconnor24, Jul 25, 2005.

1. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

hey guys, just wanted to know how many peeps have bought stuff from mouthpiece express.

Ordered a bach megatone trumpet mp just under a fortnight ago and its still not here yet. had an email to say it had been shipped the day after i ordered but still no luck?

anyone else have to wait a while for delievery? (was quoted 4-8 days)

haah im so impatient...can u tell:p

2. Di

Di Active Member

Daft question but its not been tucked in some daft corner round by the back door by the postman?

I waited about 4 weeks for a piece of music to arrive, then one day, went round the side of the house to get to the side garage door and there, soaking wet, sitting on an old plant tub was my music! Luckily it was wrapped in polythene inside the envelope!
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If they have sent it using their Snailmail service, it could take a few weeks!
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

from their site ...
    "We ship internationally via the US Postal Service Airmail and by UPS. The US Postal Service estimates 4-7 day USPS Airmail Delivery. This is an estimate only; it is not a guaranteed delivery time. Also, please allow extra time for packages to be processed through Customs. Delays in Customs are not unusual. We cannot offer guarantees on shipping time for international orders."

... looks like that they have sent it with the US Postal Service, which usually means it will be held in customs until they release it. Expect V.A.T. and Import Tax on top of your original price if that's the case! (... "We must report the correct purchase price on customs forms. We cannot designate international shipments as "gift" or "sample," and we cannot misrepresent the amount of sale on invoices for the purposes of avoiding customs taxes.")
  5. Syrup

Syrup Member

I ordered a Schilke sop mouthpiece on 29th June, then got an email a day later saying out of stock but was been ordered from their supplier. Got another email on 20th July saying shipped. So far hasn't turned up.
  6. Yep I have ordered 2 things off mouthpiece express and I really don't know why they have 'express' in their name because speed of delivery appears to be the last thing on their mind! Both things I have ordered have been out of stock and therefore taken about 2 months to be delivered but from the date of shipping they normally take about 16ish days I have found. On top of this amazingly slow delivery you have to pay even more when the package arrives! Its ridiculous and I wont be ordering anything from them again. Sorry they make me really grumpy! :mad:
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've never ordered from them myself yet, but I got stung on eBay for the last m/piece I bought. The guy from U.S.A obviously didn't get the price he was hoping for and put down the current retail price as the item value. I waited ages for it to arrive and got hit with about £19 taxes. :mad: ... Worse than that, I didn't really like the mouthpiece!
  8. tootnbuzz

tootnbuzz Member

I've bought a quite a few mouthpieces and accessory items from and had very good experiences. I do, however, call ahead to make sure an item is in stock before I order. The only time I had to wait was when I purchased a Wick cornet mouthpiece and they were out of stock. Being in the States I don't have the customs delay to worry about.
  9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

ordered from these guys and it took 6 days. And didn't even get charged duty on it.
  10. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I orded a Bach 17c.. it took ages to process, in the end i cancelled the order. I was waiting months, with no conformation or current situation. I think it was the cheapest place on t'internet, but the service was very poor.

Saying that, I might give it another go cos I still havent got the mouthpiece I wanted yet, 17C's are like rocking horse-poo!
  11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I ordered a Stork flugel mouthpiece with a gold plated cup and rim back in April. I still haven't recieved it :( .

To be fair, it does state on their site to allow 35-40 days for delivery of mouthpieces from Stork but I was waiting for over 60 (working) days for my order to change from "backorder". In that time I recieved no correspondence - not even in reply to my e-mail request (after about 50 days) for an expected delivery to Mouthpiece Express and an expected dispatch to me. I got the impression that no-one their end was chasing the late delivery of my order.

It was however, put through the plating process fairly quickly and dispatched to me on the same day they got it back from the platers. It's been three weeks since they dispatched it to me and its now lost in the ether somewhere between US customs and my doorstep.

It's unfair to blame them for the foibles of getting stuff across the pond, and the long lead time a Stork mouthpiece seems to take to be made (why is this? Do they grow them or something?). Although I wasn't expecting a fast turnaround, and the price was good, the fact that the mouthpiece was about four weeks late getting to them with no explaination would make me think very hard before I used them again or recommended them to anyone else.
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Looking at this thread it seems as you take pot luck with the items you order.

I have never ordered anything from them but it would certainly make me think about ordering anything from them in the future:confused:
  13. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

This is the first time I've heard any negative comments about them. Someone from another forum recommended them and I ordered a megatone Trumpet mouthpiece (only $75 inc shipping!) I got the email saying it was out of stock then when they got it, they mailed me to say it had been shipped. I had it 5 days later. No probs at all and I was very happy with the service I got. Also, I got replies from my emails straight away when I mailed them.
  14. Syrup

Syrup Member

The mouthpiece turned up on Tuesday, so overall took around 4 weeks, which isn't bad considering it was originally out of stock. There were also no additional charges or duties. I would use them again.
  15. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Recieved my mouthpiece today, three weeks later! haha and to add insult to injury i was slapped with a 10quid customs charge. It still works out quite cheap, just a bit disappointed on the time scale!

Would probably use them again tho. I shall plan ahead:biggrin:

Cheers Guys
  16. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

That's unlucky! I've never had a customs charge (Touch wood/cross fingers etc.....) and I get allsorts sent from the states!
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It does seem to be a bit of a lottery - I recently had three packages, all of which might have incurred a charge: 2 came through alright but then I had £7 to pay on the other one :oops:
  18. WoodenFlugel

When were these items dispatched from the States Peter? I'm hoping somewhere around the time that my mouthpiece was - in the vain hope that I might actually see it before Christmas.

As I said though, to be fair to Mouthpiece Express no-one can blame them for items being delayed in customs and they do state that parcels get held up in customs. My main beef with them is the lack of any progress reports on my order, even after I asked for one.

This blimmin' mouthpiece better be worth it now.....:rolleyes: ;)
  19. WoodenFlugel

I thought it only fair to let you all know that my mouthpiece arrived this morning.

First impressions are good (I have played on a Stork 3FL before so I sort of knew what I was buying...:) ) and I have to say, they have done a great job of the gold plating.

Now, can I interest anyone in a well-loved Warburton 3FLX??? :p :rolleyes:
  20. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

I've used Mouthpiece Express for numerous mouthpieces and mutes. If you pay for the (more expensive) UPS delivery it is much quicker, but if you are buying a few items at once then it still works out far cheaper than buying it here.

I recently bought a copper Jo-Ral Bubble Mute, a copper bottom Jo-Ral straight mute and a bach mouthpiece. Total price including delivery and Import Duty come to just over the price of a copper Jo-Ral Bubble Mute here in Britain.

Even using the regular delivery option I've never had to wait more that 3 weeks (provided things have been in stock), and if you send them an email querying what is happening with back-ordered items, you always get a useful email back within 24hours.