Mount Charles Get the Horn!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Kerwintootle, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Mount Charles Band get the horn!

Mount Charles Band have announced the signing of Graham Barker previously of Camborne Band.

Graham is currently helping St Austell Band for the National Finals and will join Mount Charles in time for Brass in Concert. Having been the resident conductor of Camborne in recent time Graham also held the solo horn position for Camborne for over 12 years.

Derek Thomas said ‘I am delighted to welcome someone of Graham’s talent and experience which, without doubt, will strengthen the band. He will join as our solo horn player with Sarah Whitehead and Tracey Osborne moving to the 1st and 2nd horn positions respectively’.

This will be Graham’s second spell with the Band having played with the Youth and Senior bands for 2 years when he was 16.

Graham said ‘I am looking forward to the challenge of playing with Mount Charles at the various contests and concerts we have and with the conductors lined up’.

Derek Thomas added ‘The band is looking forward to the coming months and I would like to make special mention to both Sarah and Tracey for moving from the positions they have held for many years’.