Most talented/sexy footballer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Trigger, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Trigger

Trigger Member

Can't do a poll, because there is quite obviously too many!! For guys- who is the best footballer? For the girls- who is the most sexy? :wink:

Just wondered really :?: :!: (don't think this has been done before, but I'm sure the mods will lock it if it has) :wink: :D

2. groovy

groovy Active Member

Thierry Henry or whatever his name is, from the Va va voom adverts!! Beats Becks in the sexy stakes any day.

3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Thierry Henry.

Nuff said.

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Without a shadow of a doubt (and I'm not an Arsenal fan) Thierry Henry is THE best footballer in the world at the moment.

He has just got to win every (footballing) award that is going this season (apart from best goalie and best manager perhaps).

He is class of the highest order.

5. Trigger

Trigger Member

As much as it pains me to say it, I would have to agree that he is the best footballer. I just can't stand Arsenal!!! :roll:

Don't think he's at all sexy though!! :?

6. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Talented footballers?

That's a contradiction in terms. :twisted:

7. David Beckham

Have to say my taste in footballers has got much better over the years. I used to find Richard Gough very sexy - had my bedroom wall covered in photos of him!!!!!

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thierry Henry is the best footballer on the planet at the minute, no competition. I think there are better players (Zidane is more skillful, Nedved has everything etc) but not so consistently outstanding as Henry.

9. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Pains me to say it, but I'd have to go with Thierry Henry for best player at the moment. Stevie Gerrard is the best English player on current form though! (Yeah ok I'm biased! :lol: )

As for best looking.....Phil Neville! :shock: :roll:

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, playing talent wise Henry is just pure class in a glass, you just ask whichever donkey Leeds had in goal on Friday night, I'm sure he'd agree!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    sexy footballer
    best footballer
    poll
    wink
  12. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As I'm an Arsenal fan (and therefore biased!) I'll try and remain impartial, save to say that Henry's fourth goal against Leeds last Friday was just out of this world. He still managed to find a way to score even though he'd been tripped. Amazing.

Zidane is reportedly having another very good season with Madrid, but as far as awards go, and whilst his class in undoubted, Ronaldo (NOT Cristiano!) will come off the treatment bench for a handful of games and win it again, no doubt.

Best English player: Steven Gerrard. A man I have a great deal of sympathy for, right now! Frank Lampard's also had a pretty good season too.

13. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

RYAN GIGGS.
    He's the Man of the Moment.
    Leads by example and never gives anything less than his best, game after game. What he has lost in pace, he has gained in wisdom.
    Skillful, composed on the ball, rarely wasteful in possession, killer crosses, and a develish freekick.
    I'm amazed he's been overlooked in the PFA awards.
    He's been, by a long stretch, consistently, the Premiership's best player this season.

Any more praise might start to sound a little fruity.....ooerr..

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I said I'd try and remain impartial, (so much for that) but Giggs consistently the best player in the Prem - against Henry? Sure Henry's had off days, but so has Giggs and Man U as a whole from what I've seen.

I'm not knocking Giggs, he has been good and certainly deserves to be mentioned ahead of Jay Jay Okocha, but Henry's been different class this season. I know that no team can vote for their own player but from what I hear, the vast majority of the Man U team are voting for Henry. That says it all.

15. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Ryan Giggs

He's a fantastic player and has been at the top level for over 10 years. Not many players in today's game can match up to his achievements. Shame he chose to play for Wales really.

As for sexy footballers,

Kiera Knightley can kick a ball (Bend it like Beckham) and she's pretty sexy.

16. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

thierry henry is damned fine, as is david beckham, altho i am goin off him slightly...

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Henry is no doubt a class act, but for me Zidane is still the best.... we don't see enough of him on telly over here to really compare but he is awesome. As for my opinion on the best striker in premiership, I would say van Nistelrooy everytime, I've haven't seen such a natural finisher since, err, Shearer.

Me mam and sisters are partial to a bit of Gary Speed and a touch of Aaron Hughes and the knees of Alan Shearer. However, the mere mention of Les Ferdinand sends them weak at the knees!!!

18. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

No footballers are talented! Come on RUGBY!!!! :D

19. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Rebeka(sp?) Ljundberg the Swedish international is absoultely stunning.

She is, by a long stretch, the sexiest footballer I've seen.
    (I REALLY enjoyed the LFIFA World Cup coverage!)
    And you know the best thing? She is in no way related to that red-haired gooner, muppet.

20. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Best footballer ever: Diego Maradona
    Forget his off the field antics and current state, anyone who can win the world cup with those players around in him in 86 must be good!

Best footballer at the moment:
    Thierre Henry playing ok :wink: You could argue that I would look the best player in the world against Duberry and Caldwell!!! No, seriously...he is amazing.

I would put up a shout for Steven Gerrard too, talking in terms of importance to team and all round contriubution...he is keeping that team in the top six by himself.

As for the arguments for Ryan Giggs...get real!

21. Heather

Heather Member

Yet another vote for Thierry Henry! He is an amazing footballer and although not the best looking player around he certainly does have sex appeal (I think its his smile).

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    sexy footballer
    best footballer
    poll
    wink