Most Haunted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 2, 2004.

?

Most Haunted - Truth or Hoax

1. You must be joking, once your cold in the ground thats it!

94.0%
  2. Oh yes, the dead are with us

6.0%
  3. Sceptic - Could be true, could be false, I need hard evidence first

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I watch this programme and think that many bits could be believeable however after watching the Derren Brown show the other night it just shows how easy it can be to manipulate people over this type of thing.

Personally though I hope that there is something out there, makes it interesting to think that you can come back and haunt you mates for a laugh...just as long as they aint popped there clogs first :!: :twisted:

2. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

I always watch Most Haunted and I do believe in the paranormal. I did a ghost hunt last year at Dudley Castle which was really interesting but I have to admit the Derren Brown thing has got me thinking as to whether a lot of it could have been psychological rather than paranormal.

Going to have to catch last night's MH on Sunday though because my satalite was playing up. Did you watch it - Greengate Brewery in Middleton??

3. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

I reckon that if you're not expecting to die, then you get to haunt people.
    Even if you have a heart attack or something equally as potentially fatal, you must feel like you're going to die.
    But if you get run over by a car and are killed instantly or murdered then you simply weren't expecting it.
    Your 'soul' isn't rested and it trips about in the shadows making noises outside your room.

My friend's house is haunted for definite.

She has an attic that is padlocked and keeps hearing noises, going up to investigate and finding the padlock on the floor and the door wide open.
    She's changed the lock too, more than once.

Her father left a load of pound coins scattered on the dresser in his bedroom, which was latched from the inside overnight. When he woke up, the coins had been stacked up in a neat pile.

He ransacked the attic and stumbled across two handwritten, dog-eared letters from children evacuated from that house during WWII.

He researched further and found that the place they had been evacuated to had been bombed to the ground and their own house hadn't been touched.

Both children died in the fire.

4. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'm a big fan of the show, though I'm starting to think that Derek Acorah is making most of it up. I think that there's probably something else out there, I just don't know what it is.

5. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

I agree with you about Derek and I wonder whether the crew do too with the fact they keep bringing in guest mediums. The only thing that frustrates me about the show is whenever something major happens it always seems to be out of camera shot. I really wish they would set up more cameras and just leave them in the rooms.

6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I don't believe in any of that stuff, however I can't watch Most Haunted and other similar things because they scare me... :roll:

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'm not decided just yet and I do have an interest in the para-psychology side of things.

I'm not a big fan of the "Most Haunted Live" especially when they have the interactvie e-mails etc.

"Mrs Smith from Norwich has rang to say she heard a big crash outside on the last clip"

No love, it's your husband who's just got back from the pub and has tripped over your garden gnome!

8. missflugel

missflugel Member

On most haunted you may as well have a guy running round in a white sheet to scare us. It is so entertaining.

Jo x

9. Cornishwomble

I feel so sorry for the para-psychologist as well, I reckon it's only a matter of time before the partisan audience drag him out and lynch him for continuing to say Derek is making it up!

10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I would find that very scary! :shock: :oops:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Derren Brown
    believeable
    programme
    people
    type of thing
  12. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

LOL, yeah its the feeling of Nazi Germany where as soon as he says something they don't like they're ready for having him shot.... and this show is meant to be unbiased!

13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I love watching it, it makes great telly, but whether or not i believe it is another matter...I think i believe in the whole life after death thing but you'd think they'd have come up with some hard evidence by now.

Yvette is funny BUMP!! "F***!!! What the hell was that???!!!"
    You're in a haunted house you dizzy bint, what do you expect???

14. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Cos my missus loves that kind of programme Im forced to watch it. Its interesting but Ive not seen anything that convinces me that there is life beyond the grave. But I suppose thats the beauty of the programme, if they ever did find something would people keep watching it?

15. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i do love it, and yeh i do believe in ghosts.

i think i saw one once, about 5 years ago, we were camping in a bell tent in wales, and it was quite late at night, and 3 monk like figures, holding what looked like books walked pastthe tent.

i waspretty scared so i went to sleep!

kate x

16. Cornishwomble

Yeah, you sure it wasn't 3 lads in Parkas with kebabs?

17. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

My other half likes to watch Most Haunted but I'm not quite sure if there is something - hwever I always find it amusing seeing Yvette Fielding looking really scared and jumping out of her skin every five minutes! She seems to be the wuss of the show.

18. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I really like it, think its good and always end up going to bed afterwards scared stupid!! but i do find davids hair rather worrying! dont think i could be in a room with him to long, agree that it seems like hes making it up!

also find it very amusing whent the women presenter gets scared!!

did anyone watch the one at the Jamacia inn in cornwall (great place!!) thought that was by far the best one yet!

19. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I don't really watch telly, but I have caught the odd bit of Most Haunted when my sister's been watching it, and what strikes me is the fact that you get so many views up Yvette Fielding's nose! It's unreal!

20. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Nose = The only haunting feature on the programme!!

21. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Load of Codswallop. If ghosts existed there'd be conclusive evidence by now.

Can't rationally believe in a 'soul' carrying on when your body dies. Don't remember that part of your body in Biology lessons.

I am not trying to offend any religious/spiritual people, just giving my opinion.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Derren Brown
    believeable
    programme
    people
    type of thing