Most Haunted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

As i'm a poor student and live in halls I don't have access to sky :( Just wondering is this still on and are they any closer to finding the dead living amongst us?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    poor student
    sky
    us
    halls
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Andy, no need to watch the box. Just look at any lecturer in your uni, particularly if they teach an obscure subject.

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:biggrin:

Actually since you mention it there is a composition teacher who constantly keeps looking into the same corner of the room every monday morning...we've come to the conclusion he see's leprchauns

5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

They've just started series 5 & it was at Bodmin jail. Very interesting! Derek got so many facts right.

This weekend is a vote for your fave episodes night.

Derek is fab, Yvette is a scream, Stuart is absolute class! Not sure about Kieran O'Keefe!

[​IMG]

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Just watched tonights episode from a previous series, twas another good one..the new series is mega too!!!

7. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Im still sceptical but have to keep watching it cos the missus is addicted to it!! Feel sorry for Stuart though cos stuff always seems to happen to him!

8. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Gotta be talking aboot Mick "Erm.... Unity... And... Variety..." Wilson...

9. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Does he still dye his hair that dodgy shade of orange?! Surely thats cause enough to
    worry, never mind the leprechauns!!!

10. weenie

weenie Member

If anyone out there is paranormally minded, then why not try this website:

www.gprg.co.uk

11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Oh yes! Altough its quite strange as he doesn't actually seem to have any hair! :p

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    poor student
    sky
    us
    halls
  13. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

He just colours in his head now...

14. postie

postie Member

I love the series but find Derek Acorah very hard to believe does anyone share my view about him.

15. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i cant watch it, after i noticed the similarity between a certain TMPer and the very unbelieveable Derek!!!!!!
    its on on rehersal night anyway :(

k x

16. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

It would help if Yvette was struck dumb for most of the programme.
    It's got to the point now where I take bets with my partner on how long it is going to be before we hear those immortal words. "Did you hear that?"

The answer is NO, I didn't Yvette, because of your silly girly screaming and over acting!!! :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:

I was watching one episode the other night with my partner, just to keep her from getting scared you understand, when Yvette said, "We come in peace, we respect you"
    The next moment she is saying, " Come on! Is that the best you can do? That doesn't impress me. Let's be having you!"
    I thought for one moment I was watching Saint Delia of Carrow Road again.
    Some respect that is!

On another topic, my partner is a member of UK living forums, and if they criticise the show in any way or form, they get their posting deleted and a warning as to their future conduct. So, my partner says that discussions on there are now about Yvette's latest hair style or how wonderful she is!!!!

Doesn't it make you realise just what a wonderful job John and the team do here. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not really hankering after a cheaper bill next time John, honest ;)

17. Heather

Heather Member

The first couple of series' were ok. You sort of, weren't sure whether to believe it all or not.
    This latest series, I feel, has ruined it all. Its so obviously made up and has spoilt what was a previously entertaining but tongue in cheek programme.
    Yes, 'Ivvy' gets on my nerves with her squealing too and Derek needs to change his act when he gets possessed because he always sounds the same!!!
    Also, I've just read his latest book......boring!

18. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

Totally unbelieveable....but very humorous!!!! I love it when he's possessed....especially the one when he repeatedly shouts 'he's the devil'....comedy at it's best. He's even worse in 'Antiques Ghost Show' whoever thought that up needs shooting!!!!

19. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Bit of a case of Seig heil mein Most Haunted aint it, mind not that surprise as that parapyscologist (from the first couple of series) is never seen on the show after saying that they were making it up...as is the guy who walked around with them in the 1st series taking the notes.

20. postie

postie Member

If you want a really funny show try watching Dead Famous with Gail Porter. That show takes some beating!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Blackleygirl

Blackleygirl New Member

"Totally unbelieveable....but very humorous!!!! I love it when he's possessed....especially the one when he repeatedly shouts 'he's the devil'....comedy at it's best. "

My sister bought me Most Haunted Live for Xmas (yes I know, I'm sad) and he went into this pervy letch trance and started coming on to poor Yvette. He was talking in this weird put on voice and he had to be ejected from the set, it was at this point when I turned from a complete believer to a total sceptic. I believe in the ghost side of it, but I think Derek is on some really strong medication of some sort!! Still extremely entertaining though!!

22. LipService

LipService Member

I have to agree that as an avid viewer of Most Haunted, the show has got more and more about 'entertaining' than it has about proving the existence of the paranormal. As the show increases is popularity, so does the pressure to give the public what they want. A vicious circle.

This is a view held by many watchers and many posters on the Most Haunted Forums, of which I am a member. Unfortunately as Maestro so rightly pointed out, those who dare to question the shows validity or the credibility of the crew members will find their threads deleted. Most Haunted Forums do not entertain debate from sceptics or anyone who chooses not to blindly believe everything they are told. Sadly this has resulted in a forum devoid of debate on issues about the show and more of a social chat board.

I have to say I do believe in the paranormal, although I am sceptical that pyschics can communicate with spirits. Most Haunted is a very good idea, but as one Guardian Journalist pointed out "it's as scientifically rigorous as an episode of Bod". This show is simply the wrong vehicle for serious paranormal investigation.