Most Haunted - Halloween

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by honey bun, Nov 1, 2006.

1. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Did anyone watch Most Haunted over the weekend? Scariest one I've ever seen :eek:
  2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Most Haunted is NOT scary! It's hysterical! Derek Acorah is absolutely priceless. Would love to go to one of his shows.:D
    Sceptical badger
  3. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Watched it on Sunday night and what a suprise, all the crew "attacked by spirits" and falling over. Oh and not forgetting Stuart attacking Karl, now that has never happened before has it:eek: Was so glad to go to work on the following 2 nights and miss it! The whole thing has lost it's way I think! Still, not quite as bad as watching Big Brother though:biggrin:
  4. Heather

Heather Member

I watched it too but sadly its lost all its credibility. What a load of tosh it was!!
    Its so unbelieveable now. No wonder Richard Felix has left the show!
    I actually think its better without Derek Acorah because he was making it into a laughing stock.
    I've heard that there won't be anymore 'Live' shows after what (supposedly) happened at weekend.
    Sounds to me like they were trying to go out with a bang.
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Uh? did it ever have any credibility?. Whether you beleive in this tosh or not, that Derek Acorah just comes over as a totally untrustworthy character. He may actually be a nice guy but I always think he wouldn't be out of place selling dodgy videos down the pub - he just looks like a 'spiv'. So when he's trying to sell some imagined spectre that no-one else can see it just comes over to me as totally fake.
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Derek Acorah translates to 'total prat' I'm afraid. They guy is a total and absolute fake.
  7. Bungle

Bungle Member

But probably came out with the most funniest line ever on TV shouting out "Mary loves Dick". Well you had to see it to get the full effect. I assume it was Mary's husband who was called Richard.
  8. Heather

Heather Member

LOL..I think it gave it away when each time he was 'possessed' he used exactly the same voice!
    I can't believe people are taken in by him.
    I was reading the 'Most Haunted' forum (how sad is that!!) and there are loads of people who think he is genuine!
  9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... errrm.... very sad indeed Heather... :( ;)
  10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

LIVINGtv often broadcast a disclaimer saying the purpose of the show is entertainment. Apparently they do this because of Ofcom rules. If the show presented itself as an investigative documentary then 'faking' the evidence is a very serious offence under Ofcom rules.
    So there you have it - the broadcasters themselves think its just fantasy, an entertainment show - and the kicking over of chairs, throwing things and Derek Acorahs ridiculous possesions are all accepted. Nothing actually has to be 'real' because of the 'entertainment' tag.
  11. postie

postie Member

Don't have to worry about Mr Acorah as he has his own programme called Ghost Town's. That is absolutely stupid him prancing around helping people who houses are haunted. I think he would be the last person you would want wandering around your house!!!!
  12. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Couldn't agree more. He is better more than a complete and utter fraud
  13. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

He is no longer the psychic medium on Most Haunted. He was replaced a couple of series ago by David Wells who isn't quite as "over the top" as DA. I used to be an avid viewer of MH but when rehearsals changed to a Tuesday night at Hoover, my nights of Living TV decreased. I do believe that a lot of the phenomenon is down to atmosphere & the power of persuasion, but occassionally something happens that cannot be explained.

They're are probably going to call it a day as things that are happening are getting more physical. Stuart now has alopecia brought on by stress & the scratches he received on his back were quite horrendous. Then John, the sound guy, had a nasty deep wound in his leg. These big burly blokes weren't putting it on in my opinion.

Why are more & more things beginning to happen?? Is it showmanship? Or is it due to the fact that many of the crew have been involved in lots of seances & vigils, & are becoming susceptible to forces we cannot explain? Who knows!!!
  14. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

Most Haunted

Can't believe I missed some exciting action that may cause the whole show to close down, Heather, what happened to cause this rumour to be spread.

Used to watch Most Haunted all the time and the live shows, but it all got a tad boring and over dramatic, with Karl, the most skeptical one amongst them always being attacked, possessed and desperately wanting Steven Spielberg to sign him up for his next movie, give up Karl baby it ain't gonna happen.
  15. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Now Dereck has been conclusively proved to be a complete and utter fake (like everybody knew anyway) how can the people who used to be saying all the load of tosh in the first few series was real be taken seriously. Prove something scientifically. Or is that just being a cynic. Believing in something means its true, asking for evidence is just being picky. Is people's negative energy causing the programme to go wrong?
  16. I used to love Most Haunted, but after reading an article the other day it made me think a bit.
    It was an interview with yvette fielding who said that they had all began to get suspicious of dereks antics, getting possessed every 5 minutes and attacking crew, so the sceptic guy who tags along with them planted some obscure information around the place and loudly said something about some african warrior haunting a jail in wales and low and behold, derek was possessed by the same african warrior that same trip.....
    I stopped watching most haunted a few series ago, but caught the monday night of the live show. Now that was quite impressive, members of the crew being scratched, but not just a little bit, deep cuts which bled a lot which needed medical attention, with seemingly no explaination for it. I was very impressed, so impressed I watched the tuesday night, and it was back to the same old table wobbling and faint bangs which half the time the audience can't hear.
    I'm a little sceptical now, but i suppose you have to see it to believe it. Now when they get a ghost on film, I may be converted!
  17. MrsMosh

MrsMosh Member

What happened to prove he was a fraud.
  18. postie

postie Member

I have to say one of the most impressive things was the time there was in an old RAF place. I think were in the old museum it was haunted apparantly while they were one of the crews arms started smelling of fuel. It was actually quite impressive, that whole programme was. The problem is with the programme you have a good edition like that, than you go back to the silly ones. It seems a bit better since they got rid of Acorah.
  19. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I missed the sunday night! :( Wish I'd seen it. I saw a few highlights, of people collapsing and whatnot.

The monday nght was a bit freaky! With them scratches and stuff! they were really deep! :confused:

Some of it seems really fake, like, if you were watching closely, when they all changed rooms at one point, one person walked the opposite direction? Could it be them making the knocks and bangs? :confused:

But the scratches you can't explain. They just happened randomly. It'd take ages to get a scratch like that look real with make up and stuff! Twas a bit freaky!

Are they really stopping the programme?! :(
  20. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

I think they were on about stopping live ones cos of what happened with them being attacked. Certainly think its better without Derek.Was that a wind up about his name? :confused: