Most embarresing moment at a wedding!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Tuba Dave, May 5, 2004.

1. Tuba Dave

Tuba Dave Member

Having been to a couple of weedings in the last year (not my own i might add! :shock:) i was just wondering what the most embarresing moment you've seen or been involved with!

during a wedding last october i was rasing a toast to the bride and groom and just i was doing that i knocked over my pint all over the brides uncle!!! :cry: :roll: :wink:

2. Di

Di Active Member

How does being sick throughout the entire ceremony count on the :oops: scale?

PS. This was NOT a shotgun wedding!! :roll:

3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Running around the church with Mum's hat on, distrupting the entire ceremony (ok, I was only about 1 1/2) whilst mum was suffering from morning sickness with El :oops:
    PLaying with band at a wedding last weekend, my flugel decided to break in an exposed bit so basically sounded like was playing utter rubbish...that was only last weekend :oops:

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I think seeing most of our band drunk at Mike Saville's wedding two weeks ago with our marigold gloves and funky dancing would be embarrassment enough wouldn't you!!

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well in hindsight, playing a christmas carol at someone's wedding probably wasn't a great move... I knew someone should have learnt norwegian before we wrote the set list!! :oops:

6. Tuba Dave

Tuba Dave Member

I think seeing most of our band drunk at Mike Saville's wedding two weeks ago with our marigold gloves and funky dancing would be embarrassment enough wouldn't you!![/quote]

True!!! :shock:

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I remember this from an earlier thread, that is pretty funny, were there any funny looks at the time, did anyone say anything?

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i think we got away with it thanks to a complete lack of scandinavians in the congregation, but it's definitely firmly back in the pads till christmas now!

9. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

At my sister-in-law's wedding in USA (19 years ago), her husband to be, Roger's Mother was the church organist and as she was to be involved in the wedding, Roger asked me to be in charge of the 'taped' music.

He set up a stereo system in the church and gave me two tapes with instructions that tape 1 was to be played fron 1.10 pm. At 1.45 tape 2 had to be started and then when 'Where sheep may safely graze' played the next piece was one of the Brandenburg concerti which Jill was to enter the church to at 2pm. She assured me she would not be late!

I asked for headphones in case there was some problem. Unfortunately my lift was late picking me up so I didn't get to the church until 1.25. Equally unfortunately the tapes were not labelled. At 1.55 I put the headphones on and found 'Where sheep may safely graze' . The next piece however was not Brandenburg. Headphones back on and whizzing tape back and forth....found it at last, just after 2pm. I'm all of a sweat but no harm done.

After the Wedding service, my wife, the chief bridesmaid, asked *@*%@%@*@ had happened. She then told me that that all in the church could hear snippets of music for about 7 minutes. The headphones did not cut out the sound to the speakers.

I blush and sweat now as I think of this again :oops: :oops: :oops: :!:

10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

A Calidh band refusing to accept a cheque for their performance and making a big thing of it thereby threatening to spoil the bride and groom's day.

Of course, it doesn't pay well to upset people with connections in Inland Revenue (ie me), and the members of that particular group of musicians will be getting a visit shortly.

(They were rubbish, too)

A very rankled...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    couple
    weedings
    brides
    uncle
    bride
  12. At first reading I took it to mean that they were going to play for free (as a wedding present). But I suppose playing for "cash only" does give the game away a touch.

However, not myself being employed by HM Inspector of Taxes, my cynical streak isn't as well developed................ :lol:

Maybe they had had a few bounced cheques recently...... :lol:

13. bladder

bladder Member

At my brother's wedding, still having a bar of full-on descan't to play at the end of 'To God Be Glory' when the band had reached the final chord!! Whoops!

The lucky begger's still sunning it up the carribean. I think he's forgiven me.

14. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

My wife used to be a Conference & Banquetting manager at one of Cardiffs larger hotels. As an event manager, she had to basically run everything; making sure the waitresses were briefed, organising the room etc etc and, if it was busy, mucking in and helping out with the food service. At one wedding, when she had a lot of staff off sick, she decided to look after the top table herself rather than trusting the, mostly untrained, agency staff.
    Taking out the starters, she went to serve the bride and groom first but slipped and spilt the whole lot down the brides dress. Wouldn't have been a major problem except for the fact that the dress was white and the starter was a melon fan in a summer fruit coulis. About the same colour as her face when she realised what she'd done. :oops:

15. andyp

andyp Active Member

Got to be my wife's cousin's wedding, where the father of the bride meant to say in his speech "I hope they have a successful marriage", but due to an over-indulgence in a certain dark Irish drink, it came out as "I hope they have a sucksexual marriage!" :shock: :!:

I was gutted, as I'd just had the battery run out on my camcorder and was changing it when he said it - £250+ from You've Been Framed gone begging!

16. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Got caught with one of my Mum's 6th form students.

17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Oh, no, they were hired guns. And they were low enough to say they wouldn't play anymore unless cash was provided. Talk about spineless...

On the other hand, band members and friends did play in a Brass Group for zip, willingly, including music written especially for the occasion. In retropsect, we should have told them where to go and the Brass group could have played again.

I don't work for Inland Revenue either, but I was so annoyed that I will be putting a call to a relevant party when I get back to work after the food poisoning I seem to have picked up at the wedding...

18. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I was at this wedding too, and I say the brass group would have played the Ceilidh music better than they did!! Well I assume they would, after all I couldn't hear anything except the over enthusiastic drummer.....