Most embarrassing public admission?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

OK (big breath here)... I am going to admit to listening (and enjoying!) "The Archers". Can any of you do worse than this or shall I just resign from Banding and go into hiding now? Please tell me I am not alone...
  2. PPP

PPP Member

I would go into hibernation right now if I were you :oops: .

No, only joking - never really listened properly, though I can remeber my Grandma listening when I visited (she was 90 when she left us - bless, and that was 10 years ago!!).

On second thoughts, come on get with it ;) .

Maybe you have had too much chocolate today.
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

There's nothing wrong with the Archers.....listening to it has never done me any harm...!

When 7.05 comes in the evening I know taht I can not speak again until 7.20 without a scowl from one of my parents.

My world would not be the same without knowing what the Grundies are up to.....
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and you can tune in once every year or so, and still know what's going on :eek:
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Although I haven't heard much from Walter Gabriel for a while
  6. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

No PPP you know I can never have too much chocolate... I am sure that I read somewhere that it is a medical fact that women need it, in fact I am sure that it is absolutely vital...XXXX
  7. PPP

PPP Member

Definitely - ask the men in my house :tongue: .

In fact, I think I need to have some right now :D .
  8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I like Dick Van Dyke :tongue: To the point of obsession :tongue: and the time that Diagnosis Murder is on each day has become known as 'Dick Time' in my house at uni... and just as its approaching 2pm you will hear cries of 'Its almost Dick Time!' throughout the house!
  9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

When I was a student, the Uni had to put back the 2 o clock lectures by 10 minutes because so many of us HAD to watch the lunchtime episode of Neighbours...:oops:
  10. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Nowt wrong with the Archers, its adictive, I've even pleaded with Barnton to put back a Sunday practice so I could listen to the omnibus.
  11. llewellynd

llewellynd Member

I dont have any embarrassing admissions but have had plenty of embarrassing emissions :oops:
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  12. NeilW

NeilW Member

Are Siobhan and Jennifer going to make up and sort out Rory (or is it Ruaidhri?)'s future?

I think I've just admitted to listening too.

Our son thinks we're sad....

[typed listening to Eddie Grundie towncrying]
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have to admit to liking Barry Manilows' music.
  14. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

So do I, Chunky. Although his performance is sometimes a bit trite, the music is still good.
  15. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Hi there,

My name is John and I'm an .............oops, wrong place! My name is John and I like Hootenany and Instant Concert; also Heyken's Serenade as performed by National Band of NZ.
  16. .... best thing about the internet is that you can "listen again" on the BBC website so that no one discovers your addiction!
  17. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

I'll admit to owning not one, but TWO!, Mud albums :oops: although I have had them for over 30 years since my very early teens, somehow I've never gotten rid of them
  18. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Get them converted to CD and then you'll have another confession.
  19. beccawheeze2

beccawheeze2 Member

I've appeared on stage with Pam Ayers. I was about 13, I still haven't recovered!
  20. Bungle

Bungle Member

I don't think the Artic Monkeys are very good. There, I feel better for that.