More Options... tMP releases another User style

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 11, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT][/IMGLEFT] Yet More Options... tMP releases another User style..:)

Some of you may have noticed that we have been testing some functionality on tMP during these last few days... well... this was because we have been trying out and configuring a new alternative style that is available now as an alternative to the default and tMP303 styles. This latest style has a bright, fresh look and appeal and as such have decided to called it 'Clean' and we hope it will add to your viewing pleasure.

The 'Clean' style is selectable from the drop down menu at the bottom of all tMP screens and you can also set this as your default theme within your USerCP if you wish.

If you have any suggestions as to how we could improve this style we'd love to hear from you so please contact myself or indeed any member of the tMP team and as ever, we will make the ncessary amendments.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  2. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

I like it.
  3. TheMusicMan

Many thanks... glad you do...:tup
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Really like this one, took a minute or 2 to get used to it but I think I'll stick with it for a while
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I've just been trying out this new them, and it looks realy nice (although I'm not so fond of the fixed page width on my big, high resolution screen ;) )

Only one small question: How do I get to the Articles section with the new theme? Im the tMP theme, there is a button at the top and a link at the bottom...
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i like it to, but as Jan says it does look a bit thin when yo have a nice new 17 tft screen. can this be changed?
  7. TheMusicMan

Jan: re Articles.... oops...!!! I overlooked including that link... I will add this later for you. However, I still have to make several amendments to the Arcade System so that it will work with this style.

Jan & Super_Sop: I will be including a full-width version of this new 'Clean' style within a few days, which I am certain will look great on your large resolution monitors.

Hows that!!!?? :)
  8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the quick respons John! The new theme looks fantastic! Of course I only wanted to help you, by pointing out a few (minor) problems that I noticed... I'm always availbale if you need a beta-tester for new tMP features :biggrin::wink:
  9. TheMusicMan

You're welcome Jan... always happy to receive feedback...:tup thanks for this.
  10. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Fantastic service as usuall:metal:
  11. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Very nice. Fixed-width is OK for me, since I'm generally running my browser in a smallish window (multitasking, oooo!)
  12. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I think I'll stick with the default style for the time being. The Clean style glares too much for me (background is too white).

BUT can we have the the contributors' details back on the left side where they used to be, please (i.e. not horizontal across the top as now)? I prefer the resulting narrower column article width for easier reading.
  13. TheMusicMan

Hi Brian

I made a change to the way the code work yesterday that now allows users to select where they want this users information displayed. By default it is at the top but you can change this by doing the following;

UserCP>Edit Options>Thread Display Options>User Information Layout>Choose "Top" or "Left" from pull-down menu

That should do it for you.
  14. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

It works, John -- thanks!
  15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I think this new look is quite cool,:clap: but I'm afraid I just cannot use it.

Y'see - the '' logo at the top doesn't have a christmas hat - and that just isn't right :):eek:

I feel rather naked without it:biggrin:
  16. TheMusicMan

hehe MSRH... I was workign on that earlier with Mr Dyl... however we ran out of time before we could update the logo. it will be done before nightfall..ish... :)

Will you use it then...??
  17. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Possibly. I do like the look of it although, like has been said earlier in the thread, a wider version to fill up the screen a bit more would top it off. But, hey, fantastic job, John. Well appreciated. :D:tup:lol:

18. TheMusicMan

There you go... one tMP Christmasified logo for ya!

Oh and I am expecting delivery of the fullscreen version of this style soon. As soon as I have it I will install, test and release...:tup
  19. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Phew!! I feel fully clothed again. Thanks John. ;):D

I'm gonna give this 'Clean' style a go. See how I get on with it. It certainly is very easy on the eye - which I s'pose will help all the late night, drink induced posters ;):cool:.
  20. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Quick question about the 'Clean' layout.

In the tmp '3.03' layout at the bottom right hand corner of every post in a thread there is a lttle box that, if you click on it, will take you back to the top of the page. But it isn't on the 'Clean' layout?:( Is it something that's gonna be added 'cos that is so useful?