Monkeying About

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Sep 24, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

To top off the paintballing, this weekend I went to Go Ape. Basically you get yourself strapped into a harness and go to play on a 3 hour assault course up in the trees. Each stage gets progessively higher until by the start of the last zip wire (the longest stationary one in the country) you're at 60 feet. I have never been so scared in my life, by the end of the final stage I was crying, and shaking so much I could barely unclip my carabiners, but I did it, I did the whole course and I feel fab!
    Today of course every muscle in my body is screaming, especially my arm muscles, but so what. What a buzz!
    BMB
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    assault course
    one
    stage
    course
    muscle
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So, mid life crisis time then eh, Badge? :)

4. bigmamabadger

:tongue: I'm only 37. I'm getting my mid life crisis in while I'm still young enough to enjoy it...
    BMB
    xx

5. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Go Ape is fabulous!!!! We went about a year ago and I loved it, but rather scary like you said, especially the last one with the stirrups :eek: Also, got me some VERY suspicious-looking bruising off the harness!

I reckon it would be great for any kind of band team-building type activity!

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- that would be interesting seeing bands taking on each other! :cool:

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Ahh. The perfect age in a woman. Young enough to be attractive and old enough to be grateful. :cool:

8. bigmamabadger

Hmm. I think you're looking for a slapping my friend...:tongue:
    BMB
    xx

9. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Well it's not really competitive because you have to all go round one at a time, so you can't go swinging past someone beating your chest and going "aarrrrhhhhhhhh!" (I did end up shouting something I perhaps shouldn't have done in front of my family whilst attached to a rope swing and dropping like a stone though) :oops:

Still, nothing like a bit of abject terror and adrenaline charged swinging to bring a band together! ;)

10. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

That could start a whole different thread going....... ;)

11. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    assault course
    one
    stage
    course
    muscle
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Or you could something really hard and do the Royal Marine Commando course. ;)