Modified vehicles

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bagpuss, Jun 19, 2005.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

If there is anyone on this site who has modified a vehicle to make it look or to try and make it go faster, you have my deepest sympathy. However, for the rest of us who think you're all muppets, there's a site you should look at to give you a laugh at what these people think is a good thing to do.

How very, very sad!

2. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Hehe, always thought people who do stuff like that to their cars are a bit weird, by the time they've finished theyve spent enough money to get themselves a decent car! Although I'm not sure who's more sad, the drivers, or the people on that forum who spend all their time talking about how sad they are.
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

been on there before... particularly liked the guy with the "Turbo Ventilation Holes"... There's a lot of them around coventry, and a lot of them still don't really know how a car works...
  4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

my friends new boyfriend has a car so modified he can only fit one other person in it (along with himself) otherwise it will touch the floor when he drives...:eek: :mad: what the hell is that all about!!
  5. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Aww how thoughtful, they've even decided to allow us to donate money towards the costs of running their site! You could give a £10 monthly subscription to these lovely people!
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

There's a bloke works in the stores where I work and he has a ford Orion with more fibreglass attachments on it than you could shake a stick at. When He drives in the yard it scrapes the floor where the yard dips because it's so low to the floor. At the moment it must be using three parts oil to one part petrol, and I think he gets about 15mpg out of it at that.

It's a complete shed. A 1.3litre Ford petrol engine with a wide bore exhaust. Classy.
  7. andyp

andyp Active Member

It always amuses me that peole think that sticking an exhaust you could launch an Exocet missile out of on a 1.1 Fiesta will make it sound like a NASCAR racer - hello.......IT HAS THE WRONG NUMBER OF CYLINDERS!!!!
    Unless there's 8 in a V under the bonnet, all you're doing is making a louder shopping trolley.
    Mind you, they're keeping the guy who makes drainpipes in a job, so it's not all bad.
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Ever tried?
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

well, actually no, but I still bet there are more than you could..if you catch my drift. :cool: