Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nook1938, May 3, 2007.

1. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Who still drives while using their mobile?
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

but only using a handsfree with it.
  3. nook1938

Going into Wakey today, I counted three people using their mobile while still driving and the other day while stood waiting to cross the road, a car pulled up at the lights and they where not only on the phone but the loudness of the " row ". Well stood next to me was a policeman and my comments went along the lines of which one can you do him for, he just shrugged and did nothing, I think having the music loud must be as distracting as using the mobile or eating crisps, so it points to banning the use of the mobile and the loud music.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

If it bothers you that much, have you thought of investing in a pair of noise-proof earmuffs?
  5. nook1938

Is that what you walk around in?
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

No, but then I don't call for the banning of loud music in cars. I don't let it bother me. During the day, people can have the music as loud as they want in their own cars - it's up to them if they want to damage their hearing.
  7. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

calm down gentlemen... handbags down :D
  8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I love having loud music on in the car!!
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:p ... is it an ice-cream van that you drive? ;)
  10. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

I never use my mobile in the car. Truth is, I can never hold the thing whilst eating breakfast, changing CDs, thumbing through my diary and drinking my coffee.

Like to think I stay safe whilst on the road.
  11. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

The drummer that used to give me a lift to band when I was a student used to roll his own fags while driving, I regularly had to change gear for him while he steered with his knees.

Now that was dangerous.....:eek:
  12. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

13. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Depends on your definition of music. I regularly get woken up by the Chavs next door playing their chav music in their chavmobiles, All you hear is over-the-top distorted bass and maybe a drum beat. What's the point? It can't be pleasant actually sitting in the car with that going on if I can hear it through their car AND my double glazed bedroom window loudly enough for it to wake me up!
  14. DramaQueenGems

DramaQueenGems New Member

Well i don't use my mobile whilst drivin but i do have a comment and say that it should not happen. I was drivin in Newcastle along the quayside when a car was comin off the swingbridge and was on his mobile phone. I was signalling to move into the left hand lane whilst he wanted in the right hand lane but he did not check b4 pullin ova and nearly crashed into my car, good job i was watchin what he was doin cud have been a nasty accident!!!
  15. David Mann

David Mann Member

Since the law changed I've spotted car, van and even artic drivers on the phone. The worst I saw was a couple of years ago when the driver of a Greater Manchester bus kept up a conversation for about 10 stops.
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It's just not using mobiles in cars that can be judged as risky ... it's bad enough with people walking about in public texting or yapping away. How there aren't many accidents with them walking into other people or lamp posts beats me!