Mobile Phone Upgrade

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, Mar 14, 2009.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I'm with O2 and my mobile phone was due for upgrade last October but I didn't as there were no phones that readily appealed to me that were better than the one I have at the moment - Nokia 6300.

Does anybody have any recommendations for phones currently on the market that really stand out as excellent bits of kit? I must admit I've searched but still can't find anything worth changing to.

2. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Blackberry bold 9000 or the Nokia E71
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Nokia N96 is the current phone de jour but Sony Ericsson are soon to release a new model that will better its specs. Don't get an iPhone, its great as an iPod but leaves me a bit wanting as a phone; plus its due a price cut around May time and will be available free on £35.00 a month tarrifs.
  4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Sony Experia X1
  5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

xperia 1, or the nokia 5800 are top bits of kit at the moment, the current blackberries are a bit pap in my opinion, i got the 8310 as my upgrade a few months ago and its problematic sometimes.
    the touch screen nokia is suposedly an iphone beater, failing that hold out a few more months and await toshiba's new phone, it looks awesome and its specs are top notch
  6. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I have a G1 which has a lot of gerat features
  7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I've got a 3G iPhone from work; I was a bit sceptical about its usefulness but I have to say I absolutely love it. It's far better than any previous phone I've had. If it was my own money, I might think twice, though, they are silly money. If a price cut is coming, hang on and get one then!
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I'm going for one of those as soon as they are available. There's no guarantee of course that they will be available on O2, nor available cheaply as an upgrade.
  9. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

from what i have read in T3 and Stuff Magazines the toshiba will not be realsesed as a network exclusive and should be avaliable from all networks as a free phone on £35 contracts and if your upgrading, well there isnt any harm in lying to get some free stuff/discount. Tell them you can get the phone cheaper from somewhere else as a new customer and your going to leave, they soon jump and say they can do what you want, thjats how i got unlimited txts, unlimited blackberry internet and 600 mins for 24quid a month and free insurance