Mobile Data

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, Jan 26, 2007.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Hi All

I'm looking to buy a mobile data card for my laptop and wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to the best value on the market at the moment.

The most popular appears to be the Vodafone one but it seems quite expensive.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Also consider the T-Mobile device Matt, as I believe when you subscribe to this service you also get included access to the T-Mobile hot spots around the country. No more paying a fiver or whatever when on rail stations, in Starbucks or waiting for meetings etc.

I am considering one of these as I am regularly paying for internet access when in London waiting for meetings etc.
  3. RussQ

RussQ Member

I am reading this post in my truck with my laptop and Vodafone card. Can get 3G in most areas which gives a download speed of 384kbps. It works out just under £30 per month for 250MB which is quite alot and more than enough for surfing etc.
    It's great when you are out and about to be able to access email etc.
    There are other ways of connecting to 3G, using Mobile phone/USB etc, but I have had no problem with the Vodafone card.
  4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hope you are not driving! :tongue:

The sales team at work use Vodafone cards - they have no complaints as far as I know. They have found them a bit patchy in the highlands of Scotland though!