Mnozil Brass in the UK

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ruthhaasbb, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ruthhaasbb

ruthhaasbb New Member

Diggle Band promoting a concert for Mnozil Brass

Date: 2-May-2008
    Start time: 7:30 pm
    Civic Hall Uppermill
    OL3 6AE

If you want to know what to expect, expect the unexpected. Guaranteed is an evening of superlative entertainment blended with great humour, your best night out in 2008!
    This Austrian group of musicians compromises of three Trumpets, three trombones and a bass
    They are a complete act, they use no music or conductor, You will not hear better brass players in the world
    A trip to a Mnozil Brass concert is almost impossible to describe in words.

For tickets enquiry please email or ring 01457 873937
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Aye, they're fab. If you get the chance, get along to see them.
  3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I enjoyed their playing on their DVD, could have done without the larking around though. I found that a bit too much.
  4. Taggart

Taggart New Member

A quick search on YouTube for Mnozil Brass will show you what these guys are like. The larking about is a huge part of their act. They just look like they are having great fun on stage and combine it with some unbelievable playing. Great musicians and definitely worth seeing if you can.
  5. agentorange

agentorange Member

Had my tickets for weeks!!

I've seen them twice already, in fact a group of us travelled to Holland last year just to see them. That's how good they are!
  6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Is this a one-off, or part of a tour? Does anyone know if they are playing anywhere else in the UK? There is no mention of any concerts in the UK on their website.
  7. Bobbi's girl

Bobbi's girl Member

They're at the Emmanuel Church, Huddersfield Road, Barnsley, on Saturday 3rd May 2008!
  8. impycornet

impycornet Member

Any idea where we get tickets for this one ?????

9. brassyboy

brassyboy Member

Go See!

I saw them at BRASS last year in Durham they came over and did a one off concert for the Festival and it was amazing. Yes loads of larking about but stunning playing at the same time. I would go and see them, you will enjoy it I am sure. Even the most traditional brass players will have a great time. There were some members of the more traditional members of the Durham Brass Initiative who had doubts about it because it was not the normal brass band concert but all came away saying they will be there in 2009 when we hope to have them back again at BRASS with there new show out next year.

Enjoy We did!

Brassy Boy
  10. Danny

Danny New Member

Friday Mnozil concert

I went to the Friday night concert and just couldn't believe the skill and talent these guys have. It was the most entertaining concert I have ever seen. I have not been so impressed for a long time. The quality ensemble and great tuning made the seven of them sound like twenty. Just goes to show that you do not need to blow your head off to create a great sound.

Quite a few of us from band went and we all had difficulty picking out our favorite part of their program!

Would highly recommend that people go and watch them perform live, and see what else brass instruments have to offer.

Black Dyke
  11. brassyboy

brassyboy Member

Re: Other UK gigs

Rob who books 'BRASS' (which I am a big fan of) booked them last year has already them booked them in for 2009 when they will have their new show ready.

I also believe he may have booked Grimthorpe for 2009 as well. If so I hope it is over the same weekend so we one hell of a great weekend.

I am not 100% sure as I have not seen it written down but I would expect it is all set already.

He is contactable via

12. cookie2

cookie2 Member

They are absolutely awe inspiring. I've just sat for 2 and a half hours and been totally transfixed. If you ever get the chance to go and see these guys then just do it. Wherever they are it's going to be worth the journey, the standard of playing is staggering and the entertainment value is first class.

Ok, probably far too many superlatives in this post, but the performance finished over 3 hours ago and I'm still pacing my house!

GO SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Blossom

Blossom Member

Mnozil - Barnsley last night.

Outstandingly brilliant - can't wait for their return next year.

Great to see so many actual band members in the audience - takes something to get them to go and listen and shouting for more. A measure of the amazing talent Mnozil displayed.
  14. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!!!!!

Uppermill Civic hall is round the corner from my house!
    had I been at my parents house I would definitely have been at the Mnozil Brass Concert!

15. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I also went to the Uppermill concert, for me the best all round brass playing I've ever heard. They've all got fantastic sounds and technique, then they add a healthy dose of slapstick. Which generally means that when you're full on belly laughing at them, they then hit you with a sound that could knock a house down.

As others have said, if you get the chance to see them, do it.
  16. MickM

MickM Member

Truly awesome night at Uppermill Civic on Friday :clap:. The playing, acting, singing, comedy was superb, and what a sound these guys make.

Looking at the audience from the stage must have looked like the annual convention of jaw droppers! :biggrin: . Amazing, and so glad that i could get there.

A must go and see act.
  17. Agree with that Mick. We also went to the workshop on saturday. What a terrific bunch of musicians. Really interesting and a great insight into what they do. I was already a fan, now even more so. Well done to Diggle for bringing them over.
  18. brassyboy

brassyboy Member

Did you know?

At least one of the band play in GLOBAL KRYNER who were in the Eurovision Song Contest! Amazing but true!

Earl Okin however was not involved in the Eurovision Song Contest but did support Paul Mc & Wings!
  19. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Does anyone know a date for when Mnozil will be in Uppermill next year?
  20. brassyboy

brassyboy Member

Not sure but I know they are booked at for Durham again next year

Not sure of about that date but they will be in Durham sometime in the first two weeks in July as they were last year. This year Durham has Canadian Brass instead while Mnozil develop their new show for next year.

Tickets will be on sale through their website for both CB this year and Mnoz next year.

Good to think that they may be over more in future as the quality of their playing get more known in the UK.

I hope we can say the same for Canadian Brass as it would be good to see more of them too.