Mnozil Brass DVD - Seven

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by Kerwintootle, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

You have to get this DVD.

The seven piece group from Austria released their first DVD a few weeks ago.

If you've never heard/seen them you have to. The players are exceptional and in addition sing, dance and act throughout the show.

The highlights for me were Light Cavalry, We are Seven (I'm in heaven melody) and Bohemian Rhapsody along with the New York, New York, O Sole Mio, Pagliacci, Nessun Dorma medley.

Check the group out at

What did they play at the Albert Hall? How were they?
  2. The Rag

The Rag New Member

Can't wait to see this DVD (hopefully it will be stocked by 4BR/WoB), they were superb at the RAH in London, totally upstaging Dyke. The 4BR review is and Rodney Newton liked them in the Bandsman

How much is the DVD in English Sterling?
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

If you buy it from their website is is 21.99 Euros which is approx. £15 ! Bargain!

Read the 4barsrest review. Cheers
  4. Active Member

Seven has been on our website for about three weeks.
    Rather embarrassingly, we ran out of stock at the Nationals before the concert had even started despite having raided Steven Mead's suitcase during the afternoon!

Plenty in stock now though.
  5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

So many of my friends said this was such a good DVD that Santa got me a copy! Such talented musicians and funny too! I'd highly recommend that you watch it if you get the chance, very entertaining! I'd love to see them live!
  6. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

If you wish to see them live, whih I can recommend, they will be taking part in teh Durham Brass Festival later in June. They are simply amazing.
  7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

If you do get the chance to see them, make sure you check them out in the bar as well - a bunch of really nice guys who are great fun to drink with.
  8. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

Almost forgot to mention, thay also did a track for the latest BBA CD, Into Africa, if you hav'nt heard this track, well, the CD is worth it for that track alone!
  9. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I recently purchased this DVD from - an amazing concert - i must try to see them live now! Incredible.
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Saw them at the Albert Hall at the Nationals a few years ago. Amazing, funny, brilliant, mellow. Think of any word that describes what you want to hear from a brass conert, and that concert had it all.Listen to Bo Rhap and you'll never think of the piece in the same way again...
  11. T Winch

T Winch Member

Saw this DVD at my brothers over Christmas. The playing is amazing but I found some of the humour a bit erm.... odd. Is that just me?
  12. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

I spotted Mnozil Brass' performance of Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube (it'll probably disappear from there since it was not placed there legally). Even in flat monophonic sound, their singing, acting, movement, and of course, brass playing is incredibly entertaining! The humor only comes across when the performance is as professional and accurate as theirs. I'm definitely buying the DVD!
  13. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Just got it - will tell you what we think when we have watched it! :)
  14. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Amazing - particularly liked the Edelweiss song - some nice voices as well!
    :clap: :D :clap:
  15. Bungle

Bungle Member

You can also turn on the english subtitles to find out what the heck they are singing about!
  16. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Did do - great fun! :biggrin:
  17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Going slightly off topic but found on the same page as Mnozil Brass' BoRhap....

I laughed, anyway!
  18. Di

Di Active Member

Brilliant. Fave bit was the Rolling Stones. :clap:
  19. youngblood

youngblood Member

Mnozil and Brazz Brothers booked for Durham BRASS!

Watch out for official announcement soon but I can say now that the new 'BRASS' festival in Durham is sure to hit the right note!

Not just have they booked Mnozil....
    but the Brazz Brothers have been booked for the festival too!

I believe there is loads more on the cards but it is not to be announced till 7th Feb and the official launch.

I have found out and will be booking my tickets as soon as they are on sale.

Durham County Council's Arts Development team are organising the Festival and they have a mailing list, I'm on it and met with them which is how I know about Mnozil! get yourselves on the list by emailing and marking your email mailing list. (it was promoted locally so you may not all know about it) I believe they have a big name Serbian Band and Jazz and loads more but I now have to wait till the 7th when I hope to find out more!

I believe it is all happening around the time of the Miners Gala.