MMI Music Test Piece selected for Irish Nationals

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Nigel Hall, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

MMI Music is pleased to announce that our recent Test Piece publication "Psalm 98 (Make A Joyful Noise, Before The Lord, The King)" by the talented composer Paul Hamilton, from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland has been selected as the set piece for the Section 2 Brass section of the IABCB Championships to be held in Limerick over the weekend of 29/30 March 2008.

The piece is available to order from our website (www.mmi-music.co.uk) - it is listed on the Latest Releases page. A Study Score will be available shortly.

2. Nigel Hall

I've now (finally!!) managed to fix the playing problem with the scorch files on the website, so you can see and hear this piece (and virtually all of the others) on the website (www.mmi-music.co.uk)

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I can't hear the piece Nigel... nothing's loading?

4. Nigel Hall

Hi Ben

I've just tried it on two computers here at home and both load up and play fine. Just as a thought, have you tried loading the latest scorch plug-in?

5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Hi Nigel

None of the pieces will load for me either and I do have the latest Scorch :confused:

Matt

6. Nigel Hall

Thanks Matt,

I've changed a line of code in the Psalm 98 file (only) - can someone try it and see if it loads (it does for me, but then it did before!)

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Displays OK for me! No idea if it did before though......

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hmm, again it doesn't for me... how weird. I would have jumped to say it's the new mac I'm on, but Roger's site and SibMus work and I had the palaver of downloading the new Scorch too... how very odd! :)

9. Nigel Hall

Hmmm... I don't know what to suggest then Ben! I've just been through every scorch file on the site and altered the "rogue" line of code as DaveR said the others files didn't load for him and they load and play on both my PC and Laptop.

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

It's fine - I got it working! :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    MMI Music Test Piece
    Nationals MMI Music
    The King
    Paul Hamilton
    Irish
  12. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

How did you do that then - 'cos it still doesn't work for me

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

To be honest - I just clicked refresh :$

14. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha - good grief - that worked for me too. The simplest things work wonders sometimes eh!!! :confused::confused:

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I know.... honestly matt... we're sometime denser than a dense thing that's been sat on by an elephant?

16. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Yea - but you wouldn't have thought to do that just to get it to work would you........would you!!!!!! :confused:

Anyway, I like the piece. good 2nd Section test. Although I think the middle section is somewhat spoiled by the 'Bernaerts-esque' style drum beat. But just my opinion. Might buy the piece for my band.